Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Paired flop, n turn donk by BB. What range do you put BB on?

BB is 23.27/7.9/1.1,.69,1 202hds
UTG is 34/0/0.12,0.14,0.6 153hds

Ultimate Bet 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HERO calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

What range do you put BB on for his donk?

I think I need to improve on how I can read donk bets. From what I know, micro players who are passive and predictable donk when they have something good. Anyone has got other advice?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Paired flop, n turn donk by BB. What range do you put BB on?

No, this could be any 9 or PP pair donking, since the turn card is so safe. If I were holdin 9x, both hearts, I would donk again, e.g.

You hit the money flop there, but you do know that was a horrible holding to limp in with, right?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You hit the money flop there, but you do know that was a horrible holding to limp in with, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

6 players before me limped. I am on the button. limp is good? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 01:07 PM

I'd probably just fold preflop, but I like how you played it postflop.

I'd put him on a 9 (A9/K9/J9/Q9s/T9s, probably), or a 3 (probably only A3s is inside his range). Maybe 66-88, too. 99 is inside of his preflop range, but I eliminate it now because I can't see him playing it this passively; still, if he goes nuts on the river, he could just be slowplaying it...
Old 11-04-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably just fold preflop, but I like how you played it postflop.

I'd put him on a 9 (A9/K9/J9/Q9s/T9s, probably), or a 3 (probably only A3s is inside his range). Maybe 66-88, too. 99 is inside of his preflop range, but I eliminate it now because I can't see him playing it this passively; still, if he goes nuts on the river, he could just be slowplaying it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to narrow range. This is BB in an unraised pot, he could be holding ANY two cards. 93 jus as likely as 77, eg.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:53 PM

BB has a 9 or a pocket pair, and he doesn't want to give you a free card with your "obvious flush draw." You have BB beaten about 95% of the time here. I'm more concerned about the callers, one of whom might be playing the case 3 in a retarded manner.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:06 PM

Folding pf at 0.02/0.04 is bad IMO. I know others disagree. Dont ever make this call in tougher games..

Keep betting until the board pairs or you are taken to 3-town.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding pf at 0.02/0.04 is bad IMO. I know others disagree. Dont ever make this call in tougher games..

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck finding a tougher game with this many limpers before you!

[ QUOTE ]
Keep betting until the board pairs or you are taken to 3-town.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally. And don't fold.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:17 AM

I was thinking BB had a pocket pair or a 9x or 3x or 2 diamonds. There were sure alot of callers. I don't think I would have raised on the turn fearing someone else had a 3. So did you get reraised on the river by the SB? I am confused that the SB would check call and then call 2 bets on the turn.

So what were they calling diamond and flush draws?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:15 AM

If I remember correctly, BB checked the river, and called my bet. He turned over Q3 offsuit.

I had a lot of ??? on the way he played. I lost to him, but I know I didnt' lose the max, cos he failed to extract max from me.

I reckon it's still ok, the way I played this hand.