Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Too optimistic?

Maybe a bad river card?

PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button caps!</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Oh my image blows. I have been getting cold decked, showing down too much and pushing hard.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Too optimistic?

bad turn c/r imo

raise the flop if ur gonna put in more action

that river is pretty gross but I would call a raise there as played, unless some reads tell me otherwise
Old 11-05-2007, 11:35 PM

Yawn....
Old 11-05-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yawn....

[/ QUOTE ]

That boring huh?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yawn....

[/ QUOTE ]

That boring huh?

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It may not be the hand thats boring, but instead maybe Im just bored with the hand. I just dont see anything wrong with the way you played this hand. I mean I did notice that you decided to check/raise the turn instead of check/raising the flop, but that in itself isnt really that interesting since we should all be playing top pair like this from time to time just to mix up our game.

I suppose we could talk about the exact type of opponent whom it would be best to mix it up and C/R the turn against. Naturally it would be someone who plays more on the fearless side and double barrels and showsdown on the above average side.

I guess the river does pose some problems since I know a few regulars on AP that will raise that Ace river with any hand they intended to call with, but in general I prefer betting the river vs checking since most players will only bet in that spot when were losing.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:12 AM

wouldnt c/c down be best? wa/wb situation?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, but I think his capping range is pretty wide here. My image and the blind steal element should add quite a few hands.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, but I think his capping range is pretty wide here. My image and the blind steal element should add quite a few hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats information you didnt bother to share with us haha
Old 11-06-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against certain opponents it will be. Against most opponents I dont think so. I just dont think an "in position cap from the BTN" vs a "SB 3bet of a BTN open raise" should be given that much respect against the average opponent.

People cap with all kinds of non-premiums in this spot. I would argue that this is probably the widest range cap in the game. And then when you add in the fact that most people show down more than they should, taking an aggressive line somewhere post flop certainly has merit.

I do think that taking an aggressive line will lead to more profits in this spot than talking a C/C down line but I cannot prove this.

I will also add that if you are playing lower limits like 2-4 or below I would advocate a check/call down line not becuz I think players capping ranges are generally tighter in this spot although this is probably true, but becuz so many more players 3barrel at the lower limits cuz they cant read hands , so by playing passive in this spot you take advantage of the high levels of "retarded aggression" that is rampant at the lowest limits while at the same time you avoid paying the maximum vs a better hand.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats information you didnt bother to share with us haha

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that the villains capping range is pretty wide should be implied by the action. Read my post above.