Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 07:19 PM

Default AJ UIed turn spot

villain is a LAGTAG (30/23/2 over 1500 mined hands)

Plan for the rest of the hand?

Full Tilt Poker $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 4 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 11-04-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: AJ UIed turn spot

bet/call?

He is peeling quite light in position on the flop and the turn makes a bet even more profitable for you as he now will continue with a bunch of fd's.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:28 PM

Hobbs - what is his calling/peeling range on the flop? I think that helps us determine if we should bet, check/fold or check/call.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet/call?

He is peeling quite light in position on the flop and the turn makes a bet even more profitable for you as he now will continue with a bunch of fd's.

[/ QUOTE ]
so do you think bet/call and calling a blank river is profitable?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet/call?

[/ QUOTE ]
so do you think bet/call and calling a blank river is profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a LAGTAG I am 100% sure that b/c - call blank river is more profitable than checking. If he is good he isnt folding much of anything on the flop.

This guy knows what you have and wont bet QT or KQ if you check. He will be like "sweet! free card" and check anything you beat. If you want value form those hands you need to bet.

If river bricks off you have a decision between c/f or b/c. Maybe c/c in stead of c/f. All I know is that I cant b/f a brick river.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:48 PM

Yah I like a bet here esp. vs. someone w/a brain. Checking really only has merit against the idiot sponge player who doesn't realize you're hardly ever c/f'ing (although there are lots of these guys on FT).
Old 11-04-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hobbs - what is his calling/peeling range on the flop? I think that helps us determine if we should bet, check/fold or check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really sure, a lot of these TAGs/LAGTAGs play quite differently postflop so since I only have mined hands I'm not completely sure. My guess though is his range should be heavily weighted towards overcards worse than mine with maybe a few low pp's (although these should be discounted from his range as he likely raises the flop with any pair).
Old 11-04-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really sure, a lot of these TAGs/LAGTAGs play quite differently postflop so since I only have mined hands I'm not completely sure. My guess though is his range should be heavily weighted towards overcards worse than mine with maybe a few low pp's (although these should be discounted from his range as he likely raises the flop with any pair).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats about his range. But he isnt folding A4, A3 prolly A2, K4s and K3s either here.

To be honest I dont really think the turn is even close.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:09 PM

yeah I almost always bet this turn, but felt like I might as well post the question and see if anybody would make an argument for checking. Anyway, the hand seemed interesting when I was playing due to me bet/calling the turn and calling a blank river. I questioned afterwards if calling down was the right play as I've seen a lot more solidish players waiting and raising turns instead of putting in action of the flop.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case c/call LDO, let him hand himself with his own noose. nothing quite like an aggressive call to win the money!