Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which 2/3 RB's?
Parker vs NO 7 53.85%
Barber vs Chi 2 15.38%
Brown vs KC 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 12:35 AM

Default (LC) Is There a Club I Can Join?

So, I've really taken the shaft over the last 6 days. I've lost something like 25 buyins for a total of about $10k. It's really impressive and the beats keep coming like it doesn't seem possible. So, I'm wondering what the worst downswing are for those here. I'm going to show a few graphs here as well for your entertainment in participating. I'l make 2 polls so everyone can participate. Please note that one is for those of you with less than 100k hands in and the other is for those with 100k hands plus.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: (LC) Is There a Club I Can Join?

Let see sklansky graph of your whole hand sample =). pretty sick i probably legit lost 12 last month where i played wonderfly with sets and two pairs flushes etc and lost.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:42 AM

You're asking me to show you an EV graph of my lifetime hands?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:43 AM

I think the worst I've hit in NL was right around there, 26 or 27 BIs. (Though I had a 1000BB downswing when I played limit. That was [censored] unreal.) While my worst was about where you're at I have dozens over 10-12BIs. Yes, I'm a long term winner (with over 100k hands in both limit and NL).

There are some bad ass pooh-post out there somewhere about surviving a downswing.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:45 AM

omg dude. 1000!!!!!!!! Wowowowowo. I had a 500 got out and then followed that with another 500. It was one of the most exhausting experiences I've had as I was playing to pay the bills at the time. I can't imagine 1000 straight....just kill me.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the worst I've hit in NL was right around there, 26 or 27 BIs. (Though I had a 1000BB downswing when I played limit. That was [censored] unreal.) While my worst was about where you're at I have dozens over 10-12BIs. Yes, I'm a long term winner (with over 100k hands in both limit and NL).

There are some bad ass pooh-post out there somewhere about surviving a downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tbh i think downswings are good for me anyways. Cause when things are getting really desperate I ussually start studying like a mofo and take my game to a higher level than its ever been then i start pwning. That my experience from my last 3 sick downswings ive had, I just keep getting better and better.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:55 AM

around 25 for me, and I also got too low to play rolled and pay bills, had to get a 9-5 for a few months, still recovering.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tbh i think downswings are good for me anyways. Cause when things are getting really desperate I ussually start studying like a mofo and take my game to a higher level than its ever been then i start pwning. That my experience from my last 3 sick downswings ive had, I just keep getting better and better.

[/ QUOTE ]

definately puts things in perspective and helps motivate a serious look at your play
Old 11-03-2007, 01:02 AM

Wow. Didn't you just have a +17k run or something like that immediately before this?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 AM

That's sick, dude. I feel for ya. I dropped around 300BB on Monday playing fixed limit 6-max and Full Ring. I played like 8000 hands that day. I won it all back playing FRNL yesterday and then a little more today. It's amazing how fast things can turn up and down.

The silver lining of the huge downswing is that it makes the smaller ones seem irrelevant.