Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 04:00 AM

Default 1010 spikes the turn

10/20 online. full ring.

villan 1 doesnt appear appear to be anything special but i havent seen him handing his money away.

villan 2 is almost irrelevant and never has a hand.

folded to villan 1 in MP who raises, i 3 bet 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], villan 2 calls 3 cold on button, villan 1 caps, call call.

flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

villan 1 bets, i raise, fold, villan 1 3 bets, i call.

Can i fold here? im almost always on a 2 outer, unless its A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

turn 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

villan bets, i raise he calls.

river A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

villan c/r. i???
Old 11-04-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Re: 1010 spikes the turn

Trying to isolate the original raiser with the three bet is a standard play.

Once you get cold callers behind it's a new approach now.

With the flop Qs Qd 4d, I am focusing on the 3 queens possibility more than the flush draw to begin with.

Villain 1 bets I agree with the raise to see where I stand with the cold callers behind me. They dump and now the villain 3 bets.

I call here, putting him on the big pair A,A or K,K.

Generally he is going to smooth call your raise with trip queens on the flop allowing him to check raise you on the turn.

The turn your money card the 10d providing the flush but giving you the lead unless the player is a Q,10 maniac and the case queen filled him (less likely).

Villain bets you raise and he just smooth calls. Also and indication he holds over pair as opposed to trip queens.

River Ac, villain C/R, I just call. My original read would be that he is holding A,A now maybe A,Q played very strangely.

Best case scenario is he floated you on the turn with the flush hoping to check raise you on the river or ended up playing K,J with the Kd strangely and made a straight.

He could very well have A,Q but it wouldn't be my first guess based on the action. I make the call hoping for the best.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:29 AM

When I am playing well this is a bet-fold on the river vs a straightforward opponent - this is never less than a boat that beats the hero unless its precisely AdKd. Adjust accordingly vs a tricky opponent - call.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:41 AM

I haven't played online in awhile, but when I was I never would have folded here. I play live for a living, and there are opponents I play against that I could find a river fold, but they're not abundant. But this isn't live, this is online. Call.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I am playing well this is a bet-fold on the river vs a straightforward opponent - this is never less than a boat that beats the hero unless its precisely AdKd. Adjust accordingly vs a tricky opponent - call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet fold... NO Thank you.

I think there is a high probability that you're beat... But I think a river fold here is horrible.

Call, grit your teeth. pray he took some weird line with a hand you beat.