Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Nl50 - turn 2pair but makes flush possible, facing PSB on river

Read: Villain is a big fish and is my reason for being at the table. He is 75/8/1.8 over 1000+. He plays any two from any position and will cold call a raise with anything. After watching him for a while for someone with his PF looseness he actually plays reasonable post flop. He's still a donk and I don't think he is capable of getting away from top pair, ever. He also either min bets (weak) or psb's (strong). There seems to be no inbetween bet size for him. He is also very chatty.

Action: Flop: maybe bet 4 dollars? Turn: Sucks. I check behind for pot control. I want to keep it small planning on calling a decent sized bet on river. River: Alright, I had to go into the tank here. I've been chatty with villain (i like to chat with my fish as to keep them in the game). Someone at table types "just fold" so I respond with "tough spot". Villain then says "fold, i have a flush". To me this is a tell that he's telling the truth from what i've experienced in the past. But making 2 pair with AK is just so tempting and that PSB is just so nasty.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $78.20
UTG+2: $9.70
Hero (MP1): $53.05
MP2: $47.30
CO: $29.40
BTN: $37
SB: $19.25
BB: $49.50
UTG: $25.85

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP1)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, UTG+2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, UTG+1 calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, UTG+1 calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($12.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets $12.25</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Nl50 - turn 2pair but makes flush possible, facing PSB on river

anyone?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:08 PM

Flop bet doesn't particularly matter from the perspective he's calling $4 the same as he's calling $3.50. I'd actually bet $4.50 in this spot if these things matter to you.

Bet/fold turn and don't put crazy loose villains on the exact cards that beat you (QJ or diamonds) please. It's a good way to mess with your head.

As played with your given reads plus the fact he said that in chat I think your done. Dump.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:31 PM

Given reads fold. If you have this read that he pots it or makes big raises when he is strong. I'd bet the turn for about 9-10 which will probably let you know where are you at, and doesn't give him a chance to possibly stab at the river.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:42 PM

Bet the turn and hope you can check river behind. Checking the turn when a scare card falls invites him to bet the river like 99% and you'll have a tough time calling here.