Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Problems with TPTK (again)

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB

Button is LAG from what I can tell.

I am not trying to give away the result of the hand but I was almost sure I was beat throughout. I was thinking c/f the turn. But im really not sure where I made my first mistake (maybe PF).
Old 11-02-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Problems with TPTK (again)

It's ok.
On the flop he could be raising with a flush draw, so the donk on the turn was ok. When villain raised on the turn, that screamed "overcards". I might find a fold on the river as flush and a high card got there, but if opponent is very laggy as you say... perhaps I could call.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:02 PM

grunch

3 bet preflop and try and get it HU. Lead the flop.
As played c/r the flop don't donk.
C/C the turn
C/F the river
Old 11-02-2007, 05:12 PM

def don't 3-ball pf. this may be close to a fold, but perhaps i've been playing too much nl.

i like c/r the flop. he he 3-bets the flop, i think that you can c/f turn.

given your flop donk, i like c/c turn and either c/c or c/f river, depending on the card. maybe a b/f if it's a spade.

but i think flop c/r is best.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:32 PM

Id c/r the flop. If he 3bets the flop, Id c/f turn UI. Otherwise lead out the turn.

As played, I am probably folding to his turn raise.

After getting to the river, is there any merit to leading the river, especially if you are going to call? You can represent the flush and if villain raises, you can fold on the scary board.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:32 PM

I like a 3-bet preflop. The turn donk is good and from there i call down. The pot is too big to fold on the river, so yeah c/c is ok.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button is LAG from what I can tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean? You've seen him play about 50 hands with a lot of pf raises that he folds postflop, a lot of pf raises with postflop bets showing down garbage, or what? If you don't really know, you should fold this pf. If he's really a LAG, then you should 3pop pf and bet nearly any flop.

As played, you should c/r the flop; if he 3-bets, you have around 3 outs and you should play your hand accordingly, especially if anybody besides the LAG sticks around.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:10 PM

I'd probably check raise the flop also.
Not sure about river, given your line..check/fold is probably the best play, but I tend to Bet/Fold here a lot and no one ever folds the best hand /sigh
Old 11-03-2007, 12:31 AM

Grunch

Preflop is close between raise and call, with AJ+ I 3bet 100% and same with ATs. Limpers may fear a 4bet if you raise and fold here or could just be autocalling no matter what. I think if the limpers are players that can limp/fold then raising is best, otherwise just call because I don't know how great this plays multiway in a large pot OOP.

On the flop I definitely like the bet. 3bet for value, he should repop your lead wide. Call down versus a cap. As played on the turn I c/r for value because that's a good card against his range at the moment and very rarely expect him to check behind. I don't hate getting 3bet here either but call down to it. River is obv bad, meh... seems like you can fold to that card but I honestly pay it off too.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:16 AM

I don't really like the flop or turn donks. I'd probably c/r the flop (to protect my hand).

The turn is probably just c/c. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The river also looks really bad for us. I don't know if I want to put in any more bets here...