Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Help ... Suggestions ...

Well, I rather not have users get on here and bash / throw stupid information out there. So, sometimes I feel as if internet gambling "favors" but in other users *minds* """cheat""" , but I dont know what to think or do. Lately I basically went on tilt after some major and I mean ridiculous bad beats that make me shook up. Well, I lost over $5,400.00 within a few months. Many may say that's not much, but when your bankroll goes from being up to basically "$0.00" it's quite stressful.

Many of you may say "well, maybe you shouldnt play internet poker" --- not saying Im fantastic, but Im a pretty good solid player or should I say all-around player, till I get hit with runner runner like almost every best hand possible that comes my way.

All Im asking is for some tips and info. on where to start and build my bankroll back up with the right strategic tips.
Thanks all --- appreciate it if anyone replies in a mature manner.

Omni
Old 10-28-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Help ... Suggestions ...

ever heard of bankroll management?? read some of the stickies in the multiple limit/nl/omaha strategy forums ..you should find some good answers there ...your welcome ...
Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 PM

I read plenty of bankroll management tips especially a few that Chris Fergusen has wrote on some forums. Ive even moved to some sngs from time to time because donks are just there fishing around -- as stated above I lost roughly around $5,400.00 in a few months time due to this. I even sit out at a table at first checking out playing styles works till bam you get hit with the worst crap even like a pair of aces against someones 5's then they happen to catch runner runner for a full house or straight flush or flush or whatever else might help out their donkey calls.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read plenty of bankroll management tips especially a few that Chris Fergusen has wrote on some forums. Ive even moved to some sngs from time to time because donks are just there fishing around -- as stated above I lost roughly around $5,400.00 in a few months time due to this. I even sit out at a table at first checking out playing styles works till bam you get hit with the worst crap even like a pair of aces against someones 5's then they happen to catch runner runner for a full house or straight flush or flush or whatever else might help out their donkey calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should talk to Fgators...im sure both of you would get along
Old 10-28-2007, 11:05 PM

Who's that.. and why would be get along? lol
Old 10-28-2007, 11:09 PM

If you practiced proper bankroll management and have gone from $5,400 to $0, sorry to say it but the reality is that you're a losing player.

If you want to be a successful player, I suggest starting at the micro (preferably nano) limits, reading some poker books that people suggest in the Books forum, and posting a ton of hands in the Micro Stakes strategy forum. Becoming a winning player isn't something that happens overnight, it takes a lot of work.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:16 PM

Losing $5,400 over a few months is not tilt or bad beats..It's being a losing player..

Pick what you want to play(cash or SNGs) and spend a huge amount of time in those strategy forums everyday..You will not get strategy advice in the "Zoo"...
Old 10-29-2007, 01:08 AM

Well,maybe you shouldn't play internet poker.