Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 06:31 PM

Default AK facing 4bet pf

First post so go easy...

Just sat at this table about 20 hands ago,in which time i won a pot of a short stack where i flopped a flush.
I have no stats on villian, but my impression was that he knew what he was doing.
The only hand up until now we had played together was a BvB in which i 3 bet him preflop with AQs preflop out of the BB, to which he folded to.
Anyway, on to the hand...

VC Poker Verunka 0.05/0.10, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop

Button ($11.44)
SB ($9.99)
BB ($4)
UTG UTG ($13.92)
UTG+1 Hero ($14.92)
CO ($7.84)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG raises to 0.40, Hero raises to 1.20, 4 folds, UTG raises to 3.20, Hero calls 2.40.

Flop (7.35) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG bets 3.70, 1 fold

I didnt really want to push preflop as i was new to the table and had no read on villian. I didnt know what the 4bet meant, so i decided to call and reevaluate on the flop. Should i have played it any different?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: AK facing 4bet pf

Its fine to muck this to his 4bet. But its also fine to shove. Its bad to call. Your hand needs to see all 5 cards to maximize its value, so once he 4bets, seeing the flop is bad for you because he is almost always going to bet and so on.

So this is shove or fold to his 4bet.