Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Long time lurker needs help/ Big Multiway Hand

Hello, first the hand: (and please read before post [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Preflop: Hero is CO with , .
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, [color=#CC3333]Button raises</font>, SB calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, [color=#CC3333]Hero 3-bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (19 SB) , , [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]UTG bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button 3-bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]SB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]SB bets</font>, UTG calls, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, Button calls $1.50 (All-In), SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (24 BB) [color=#0000FF](4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]SB raises</font>, UTG calls, [color=#CC3333]Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 33 BB

And the facts:

Button was on mega tilt. i took 2 very big pots from like 5 hands ago and since then he only raised crap.
SB is unknown at stats coz my PAH was [censored] up [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], but he seemed aggressive, maybe a little bit to aggressive over the last 20 hands
utg 60/0 calling station, this time he had t7(i only post this, so u can get a idea of how bad they play)
Mp unknown

So, Preflop:
whats ur play? After i called he auto raised, so lets pretend he really has nothing 90%(this time j2o )of the time. Do you raise, so he can 3bet?
My thougts were simple, if i flop an ace i win a big pot most of the time, only mp or utg could possibly call with at

The turn. My plan was to raise/fold. I set him on a set or, obviously t9 jt 45. too bad i have the ace of spades ^^

River:what da .. It would be unbelievable stupid to wait with 77 or 44 and then raise an ace river, so i put him on a4 or a7 most of the time.

hardly missplayed?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Long time lurker needs help/ Big Multiway Hand

I think I just fold preflop.

If I wanted to play it I would raise hoping button 3-bets air and shuts out players behind him. This is not a hand I want to play in a big multiway pot. Much better in a semibig HU pot.

I prolly end playing postflop like you except from the turn. I am just calling here.

I like you river play.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:57 PM

Well Button was gone after this hand and u know he auto raises every hand, do you still dont play it ?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:00 PM

I think the limp preflop is marginal at best. If you know your opponents play horribly postflop then it is ok I guess.

I'm not sure why you are 3 betting A8o when it gets back to you though. A8o does not have great equity in a big multiway pot.

Flop raise is good, but when it is capped back to me I have to think I am behind, even against said lineup.

Turn: Why raise after the flop action? I am calling hoping that I have 5 outs, and maybe am still best a small small percentage of the time.

River is ok I think given the turn action.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:01 PM

Its close

If it was folded to me I would certainly play it.

But with those two guys in already in front of me it doesnt look that good. Such a RIO hand.

But I really think you need to raise it and not LRR for the reasons mentioned