Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 04:13 AM

Default In the BB facing a LP raiser,what are your 3bet ranges?

Curious about 2+2'ers range in this situation,both in live and online tourneys. I play alot live but have started playing more online lately.

Personally,I think there is a big difference what you should 3bet with. Live is tighter,especially if it is from hijack/CO.Small stakes players seems to be able to raise light from button,but not so much from other pos.

Also,altho I admit online is different,I do think there is a big diff between small and high stakes. It might just be me,but at ST,seems to me that whenever I 3bet light from the blinds bc it is OBVIOUS that the LP raise must be a steal,I run into a big hand.

Don't get me wrong,I know people steal all the time,but I wonder if it happens less than we think,and that restealing might not be that powerful a weapon in small stakes.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:29 AM

Default Re: In the BB facing a LP raiser,what are your 3bet ranges?

Depends on stack sizes, situation in the tournament, and the player who raises.

DUCY?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:48 AM

never 3 bet. move up to where you respect their raises.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:33 AM

I find the resteal not near as affective in the small stakes, I guess if they're not stealing it's difficult to resteal... you can still find aggro players, but you should have a decent read, or PT. Is much more affective with 3 tables or so left where you have thinking players or scared money.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find the resteal not near as affective in the small stakes, I guess if they're not stealing it's difficult to resteal... you can still find aggro players, but you should have a decent read, or PT. Is much more affective with 3 tables or so left where you have thinking players or scared money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think one of the biggest reasons resteals don't work as well at small stakes is because people don't fold. There's been quite a few times where I had a tight image, loose agro guy raises, I shove like 5x his raise from the button with T9, and he insta-snap calls with A9.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM

I think at low stakes we actually need to push our monster hands more...even early I have taken to pushing JJ+ and AK+ into small pots as people seem to regard it as a move and I get called light A LOT...value people!!! Not moves that are wasted on the unwashed masses
Old 10-22-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think at low stakes we actually need to push our monster hands more...even early I have taken to pushing JJ+ and AK+ into small pots as people seem to regard it as a move and I get called light A LOT...value people!!! Not moves that are wasted on the unwashed masses

[/ QUOTE ]I do this too, the other day in the $3r I 4 bet for 150xbb with AA and some donk calls off for more than 100 more with AQo.
the action went something like:
Me- open ~2.5xbb
Donk- raise to 8xbb
Me- shove 150
Donk- call off #3 stack in the tournament with hope and a dream
Old 10-22-2007, 01:36 PM

I think you get more action since they will say "he/she's never doing it with AA/KK"
Old 10-22-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I do this too, the other day in the $3r I 4 bet for 150xbb with AA and some donk calls off for more than 100 more with AQo.
the action went something like:
Me- open ~2.5xbb
Donk- raise to 8xbb
Me- shove 150
Donk- call off #3 stack in the tournament with hope and a dream

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my experience as well,and that's why I posted this. It just seems that TAG is the way to go in small stakes,but I was wondering if my perception was way off,especially as so many preach the value of the resteal.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:53 PM

resteal is a good tool but doesnt work at low buy ins without a stellar read or an obnoxious stack...If the spot present go with it but don't do it because you feel it is required