Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 11:42 PM

Default I think i missplayed most streets TPGK 10nl

What should i have done here. I didnt have any reads rlly.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $21.70
MP: $9.75
CO: $6.75
BTN: $14.90
Hero (SB): $10.75
BB: $6

MP posts $0.05
MP posts $0.10
Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.50</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.45, BB folds

Flop: ($1.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.10</font>, Hero calls $1.10

Turn: ($3.45) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $3.10</font>, Hero calls $3.10

River: ($9.65) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $6.30</font>,
Old 10-19-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: I think i missplayed most streets TPGK 10nl

3bet pf or fold. I like fold better.
as played : lead flop fold to raise.

In your case fold turn
Old 10-19-2007, 11:46 PM

You play way too weak dude. Stop check calling. You like your hand? Bet. You don't? check fold.

Aggression wins hands. Not check calling.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:50 PM

No reads? No stats?

PokerTracker and a HUD would probably be worth it for you if you play any sort of volume and definitely if you aspire to improve and move up.

I don't like pre-flop. I don't like calling with these sorts of hands (ROI - Reverse Implied Odds) pre-flop much and if I were to do it it'd be against certain opponents who raise enough and it would be with opponent raising UTG and me on CO or button. I don't want to call OOP. In this particular situation I am almost always folding.

As played check calling flop is good I think.

Now I'm like never in this situation since I wouldn't have played previous streets like this (and no stats or reads)....so I'm really not sure. Problem is a lot of draws completed + obviously AQ and AK still have you.

It's hard for me to see him valuebetting a worse hand than you on the river and I don't really think 3 barrels are too common at these levels.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads? No stats?

PokerTracker and a HUD would probably be worth it for you if you play any sort of volume and definitely if you aspire to improve and move up.

I don't like pre-flop. I don't like calling with these sorts of hands (ROI - Reverse Implied Odds) pre-flop much and if I were to do it it'd be against certain opponents who raise enough and it would be with opponent raising UTG and me on CO or button. I don't want to call OOP. In this particular situation I am almost always folding.

Now I'm like never in this situation since I wouldn't have played previous streets like this (and no stats or reads)....so I'm really not sure. Problem is a lot of draws completed + obviously AQ and AK still have you.

It's hard for me to see him valuebetting a worse hand than you on the river and I don't really think 3 barrels are too common at these levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you lead the turn or do you like c/c again?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No reads? No stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you lead the turn or do you like c/c again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not sure. Again in all the hundred of thousands of hands I've played I don't think I've ever been in this situation + not having any reads or stats means this is like a tossup situation my mind.

Check calling... maybe he bluffs or valuebets worse (I don't know his aggression)

Leading slightly more than half pot charges draws and maybe TT or w/e can't quite fold yet (dunno...river could get complicated though.) Of course even check calling if he 3barrels river it can be a bit tough.

Basically I'd advise that if possible (which it pretty much always is) to just never get into this situation in hands like this one.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:14 AM

Fold pf, flop is fine, fold turn. Pf so many have insanely tight raising ranges and he is raising UTG, and you have absolutely no idea how he plays, you are oop, this is like the easiest fold ever. Donīt get me wrong, AJo plays very well in many situations but this spot sucks.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:28 AM

Well, my first reaction was "WTF Omahahahaha?!"