Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 11:40 AM

Default TKo\'s Hand of the Day: KK in SB

Greetings All...I'm trying something new to help with my poker growth. I will be posting a hand (hopefully) each day regarding a new theme I'm trying to add to my game. I am hoping for some analysis as to which these hands are a good play for a mix from the usual line.

Today's hand is early in my session. Normally I boost this up to 5xBBish. This hand, however, I tried to play it differently.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($5)
CO ($0.95)
Button ($3.80)
Hero ($3.65)
BB ($4.20)
UTG ($5.29)
UTG+1 ($1.95)
MP1 ($4.49)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

This is not what I wanted to see. I had hoped that somebody would do the betting for me, with the intent to call &amp; disguise my hand.

Flop: ($0.06) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.06</font>, BB calls $0.06, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $0.12</font>, Hero calls $0.06, BB calls $0.06.

Here comes a nasty, low monotone flop. I bet the pot, only to get called and raised. Here is decision #1 (and a possible leak): Should I simply fold here or call to see another card. I'm thinking somebody has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but am unsure if one actually flopped the flush. Strange things happen at 2NL.

Turn: ($0.42) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $0.06</font>, Hero folds, BB calls $0.06.

The fourth diamond falls and I'm done with the hand, feeling like I have blown an opportunity with KK. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Here is how the hand finished up.

River: ($0.54) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $0.06</font>, BB calls $0.06.

Final Pot: $0.66

I am hopeful that this idea gives me ideas on what alternate lines could be tried here. I will post another hand tomorrow from today's session.

Thank you all for your kind (or not so kind) words and your help in improving my game.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: TKo\'s Hand of the Day: KK in SB

oh jesus, this seems like a long elaborate level, i never know how to respond to these
Old 10-19-2007, 11:47 AM

U limped in the sb hoping someone would raise but theres only ONE person behind u that could raise, and he has the oppurtunity to see a free flop with alot of different hands

this is spew, show aggression preflop if you wanna make any money with ur big hands
Old 10-19-2007, 11:48 AM

There's no reason to get tricky at 2NL.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:49 AM

probably one of the worst KK hands i've ever seen...
Old 10-19-2007, 11:52 AM

lol nh
Old 10-19-2007, 11:53 AM

Thanks guys. I agree it's not the best play. I also agree that this type of play is not really necessary at 2NL.

Is there a level where such a line is playable as a change-up to the normal raise? Based on PJo336's reply, evidently not.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:55 AM

You basicly underrep your hand all the way.
Why would you hope for the BB to raise.

Raise from the SB, i dont know if there's any level where you take that line (maybe MSNL+). But if you reach that level you know when you should take it, just dont worry for the moment.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
probably one of the worst KK hands i've ever seen...

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually agree with this comment the most, as this was worse than open folding KK

Also, I pretty much never limp with big pairs. Raise them up everytime because limp/raising is one of the most transparent moves ever. Your better off raising it just as you do other hands and letting your villians guess
Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 PM

shove preflop &gt; complete... really, raise to any amount but don't just limp at these levels &gt;_&lt;