Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Trapper trapped ?

DiMAH_AAAAK is vilain
WalkinCookie is hero
I don't have any read since I just sat down on this table.

Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: basthel ( $25.78)
Seat 2: tortur111 ( $11.85)
Seat 3: Submarine_AA ( $23.72)
Seat 4: DiMAH_AAAAK ( $17.52)
Seat 5: Alex_NN ( $16.75)
Seat 6: WalkinCookie ( $25.88)
Alex_NN posts small blind (0.10)
WalkinCookie posts big blind (0.25)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to WalkinCookie [ K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
tortur111 calls (0.25)
Submarine_AA calls (0.25)
DiMAH_AAAAK calls (0.25)
Alex_NN folds
WalkinCookie checks
** Dealing Flop ** : [ K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] POT size 1,1$
WalkinCookie checks
tortur111 checks
Submarine_AA checks
DiMAH_AAAAK bets (0.75)
WalkinCookie calls (0.75)
tortur111 folds
Submarine_AA folds
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Th ]
POT size 2,6$
WalkinCookie bets (1.50)
DiMAH_AAAAK calls (1.50)
** Dealing River ** : [ 8h ]
POT size 5,6$
WalkinCookie checks
DiMAH_AAAAK bets (4)
WalkinCookie calls (4)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $12.92 | Rake: $0.68
Board: [ K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]

I should have done a pot sized bet on the turn since the board got dangerous, but I wasn't seeing him strong in this hand. I was putting vilain in a hand such has J9 T9 or something like QT QJ.

The river was a very bad card, this should have been an easy fold I think, but instead i've made a donkish call. grrr
Old 10-19-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Trapper trapped ?

It's okay. Trip K's with no kicker is a decent trapping hand in the sense that it's not really something you want to get called down for stacks with in an unraised pot, since if all the money goes in that way you'll generally either lose or chop.

What I just said does get a little murkier in this case, though, given that Villain only started with 70 BBs, and also there is a flush draw on the board, as well as a gutshot.

So I like a flop bet here, I think, with the idea of proceeding from there. (Just realize that if one of your three opponents plays back at you strongly, you're probably going to want to lay it down. Unfortunately, though, what someone with, say, KTo is probably going to do is call the flop and then min-raise the turn, stringing you along. Which does improve the case for a flop check.)

The turn card is a little annoying but won't usually be tragic. Meanwhile, the river is basically a blank (QJ already got there), so I don't see why you're kicking yourself over the river call. I guess you lost to Jd7d or something?

Anyway, what you really want is the Micro Stakes NL forum.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:15 AM

I don't know I thought that small stakes SH was the good spot to post my NL25 hand. I'll post into micro stakes next time then [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

DiMAH_AAAAK [ 6c 7h ] [ a straight Six to Ten -- Th,9d,8h,7h,6c ]
n the
Yeah you are right when you say that the river is no problem here. I missjudge the hand while cheking my mistakes because I knew what he had.
It happens that he played the hand with some kind of air.

So you think I should have let it go, since the turn was not a good card , and there were many more draws from now.

In the case If i had pot bet the turn, and vilain called I should have chek fold the river you think ?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:28 AM

Flopping trip K's with no kicker from the BB versus three limpers is a mixed blessing in the sense that what will frequently happen is that you'll win a small pot (often) or lose a bigger one (that'll happen too, just not as often).

There are at least flush draws and gutshots to get somewhat paid off by in this case, but you should realize that your hand is not really as strong as it looks if you show strength and get action. I mean, it's not really that hard for someone else to have a better king (hands with a king in them are popular), and your hand is not disguised at all. Of course you could have a K. (Basically I'm saying that I would much rather have flopped trip 3's, and this would be true even if my kicker were a 2.)

I wouldn't be looking too hard for a fold in this hand, though -- and I certainly wouldn't be as the hand played out. The river call is easy enough; you have trips, you're getting better than 2:1, and Villain could just have a busted flush draw or a hand like JT.

To be results-oriented for a moment, what basically happened is that Villain made a bad turn call and got lucky.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:35 AM

Thanks a lot for your insight in this hand !
I learnt a lot with this hand, i'm kind of happy that I lost this one, at least I learnt something out of it.