Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 05:28 PM

Default We never ever fold here, right ? AK/2-Pair/10

It is Villains very first hand on the table and the very first hand i ever play with him. His avatar is a cute asian girl, i give her a nine.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP1 ($1.85)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($9.75)</font>
CO ($8.80)
Button ($11.70)
SB ($12.45)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($10)</font>
UTG ($7.60)
UTG+1 ($12.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, CO calls $0.30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.9</font>, Hero calls $0.90, CO calls $0.60.

Turn: ($3.65) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.8</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $8.8</font>, Hero calls $4.75 (All-In).

River: ($20.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $20.75

Just to make one thing clear: I donīt regret calling and will do so the next time in the same situation, still, after playing with pokerstove this hand left me thinking. I have a couple of Questions..

1a: We never ever fold here right ?
1b: So i will not have to ask you again in 4 weeks.. We donīt think about folding at NL25/50/100 too, right ?

To the interesting part. I was surprised that my equity in this hand was bellow 10% ! (Villain had 22) So most of our equity comes from the hand where villain as a flush draw or a straight draw or 2-pair or, more likely a combodraw.

Also letīs asume villain is 20/10 or tighter for at least 30 hands.

2a) Given that he canīt have a pair of aces + the flush draw, do we have to give him a _much_ smaller hand range here ?
2b) Is this a place for a very sick epert fold now ?
2c) Would it become a fold if we where not getting 4:1 but something like 2:1 ?

3) If it was possible for villain to have Aces + FD then itīs again nofoldemholdem regardless how tight he is right ?
Old 10-18-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: We never ever fold here, right ? AK/2-Pair/10

This is never a fold at NL10. Period. You are thinking about it the right way, but absolute hand strength is pretty important at NL10 and you have top 2 pair on an ace high board so the turn is fine. You should, however, raise bigger preflop and bet like $.8 on the flop.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is never a fold at NL50. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]barring a very good read.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:37 PM

why are you checking this flop?
Old 10-18-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is never a fold at NL50. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]barring a very good read.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea...honestly I don't think I've ever played a level or a player who I would lay this down against.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that someone has an A/K/whatever makes him bet. I couldnīt imagine to get so much action at that point.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that someone has an A/K/whatever makes him bet. I couldnīt imagine to get so much action at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you new to nl10? poker in general?

I'll give you some advice that will win you lots of money at this level

bet bet bet(generally shove) your good hands, don't get tricky, just vbet these guys to death
Old 10-18-2007, 05:42 PM

This post needs pictures of said asian girl, particularly if she's a nine.

My 2c regarding the hand, (may or may not be correct but FWIW...)

1a) I'd not fold top 2 here. Firstly the pot is around $17 right? And it costs you $5 to call. Secondly I'd discount two possible sets AAA/KKK because he didn't 3bet preflop like i'd expect most people to do with big pairs in the hole. It's possible he has 22/66 but I really wouldn't be concerned about that particularly with the pot odds you're being offered.

I think it's a crazy drawing play or a lower 2pair often enough to justify a call.

1b) I wouldn't know

I'll let somebody smart answer the other ones

Ninja Edit: By the way I think you really need to bet the flop. It would be horrible if it was checked round and the turn was a club. I'd cry if that happened to me, so i'm betting there always, that way my girlfriend doesn't think i'm a wuss when i'm blubbing in front of the computer. It's a multiway pot and you need to charge potential draws. There's enough people there that you'll most likely get a call from a 1pair hand too.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly I'd discount two possible sets AAA/KKK because he didn't 3bet preflop like i'd expect most people to do with big pairs in the hole

[/ QUOTE ]

there is only 1combo of each possible, I guess you could discount it to .5 of each or something, but its not going to change anything really
Old 10-18-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"are you new to nl10? poker in general?" says Sammy while placing an unlit cigarette in his mouth.

"I'll give you some advice that will win you lots of money at this level. bet bet bet(generally shove) your good hands, don't get tricky, just vbet these guys to death"

with that said, Sammy smiled an endearing smile to the NL10 player and disappeared into the crowd looking for the high limit mixed games.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP and love the Sammy avatar, good advice.

EN