Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 09:00 AM

Default BvB with straight

Sb raises much and is agressive, but he don't look stupid.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

On the turn my range for sb is 30 hands with a flush, A2, a set and maybe 2 pair with a garbage suited. He can be tricky on the river so I need around 60% of equity to cap imo. Too weak ? Comments all streets apreciated.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: BvB with straight

Hmm. I think flop is either a call or raise. We have a maximum of 10 outs, 7 and 6 are probably not dominated. If we hit to 6 or 7 we'll have a medium pair + max 9 outs.

I call flop if he's aggressive. We probably don't get a free card and we have no showdown value and don't have enough equity for liking a 3-bet.

On turn I like the raise. I'd cap it too. Our raise potentially looks like (semi)bluff. He could play back at us with a pair + a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] higher than us. I'd raise for value and protection against a FD. A fourth [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the river can kill our action. On the river I plan to either call or b/c.

As played river is good. You can't fold this big a pot vs aggressive villain.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:22 AM

NH.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sb raises much and is agressive, but he don't look stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are too kind

I think we had played 10 hands or so here and I was on a sick run of cards. I can certainly see how I must have seemed maniacish.

I think you can cap the turn. This guy has sets and 2 pair in his range. He might even be overplaying AsJ. (No I wouldnt but you didnt know that at the time)

River is a standard call. You beat his sets and 2 pair hands which he might bet.

(I actually bet 54 here which was pretty silly.)
Old 10-17-2007, 12:06 PM

Easy value bet with 54 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(I am kidding)
Old 10-17-2007, 12:11 PM

Of course there was a note maniac on you after 15 hands. There is QQ KK AA too, but without clear reads, I don't know how to discount these hands.

I'm not sure for your river play, but c/c&gt;b/f proly against me because I don't value bet a lot of 2 pair,set hands.