Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Limping 97s on cutoff (NL HE)

Hello,
reading an italian forum, I found this concept expressed (talking about 5/10$ No Limit Holdem):
'Limping from cut off with 97s is a retarded, fish move'.
Assume we are talking of a full stack (100x) game.
I answered quoting 'No Limit Hold'em, thery and pratice', where, talking about a 5/10$ game, 1000$ or more stacks, Sklansky/Miller sayd:

(When you are first to enter the pot):
Limping can be definetely be ok. Some macho types will tell you never to limp first in from LP. But that advice belongs to limit games of tournaments. In deep stack cash games, limping, even on the button, will frequentely be a fine play.

I was answered I am a retard because book talks about a 'deep stack' 9-10 handed game, while they were talking about short handed (it was neither specified in their posts) game.
So I was attached with insults by the 'pro' active on the forum because
1) They say they were talking about 6 handed , Sklansky was talking about 9-10 handed
2) They were talking about 100 big blind games, Sklansky was talking about "deep stack"
Thinking about it it doesn't seem to me so different if I'm in a 6 handed or 9 handed game if I am on the cutoff and everybody folded to me. Sure, some theory can think different quality of following players' card because of the 'not good hands' folded by early/middle position players, but I think it's not so influent on the matter..
More, I checked back the book and Sklansky seem to call 'deep stack' a 100 big blind games there.
Forum's Pro suggested me to open a post on this forum and check the insults I would have received if I argue with the concept 'limping 97s on cut off is not necessarily a retard action, is just a possible action in that condition'.
Of course if I am here writing this is not for receiving insults about my thoughts, just to make the discussion clearer to me.
I hope I can have your opinion on this.

Thanks
SongheJe