Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 08:17 AM

Default Tight agressive or small ball HUSNG NL 5-10$??

i prefer small ball but of course opponents might start to repop sooner or later. Do i like continue doing my thing or use a narrower scale to raise preflop. Often small ball when i frustrate my opponent, my strategy is ruined by the trash i get preflop. 92o 62o K2o 32o j5o and its like ten to 30 a row. And if u raise after this with a good hand, opponents notices and folds. IS SMALL BALL EFFECTIVE IN HU SNG's in low limits against agressive opponents. or is it tight agressive solid ABC poker like they say in cardrunners.

And what's the BS about amount of weak tight players at these limits. They like start to minraise right from the beginning at bodog, and there are verygood amount of solid clever players at those limits.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Tight agressive or small ball HUSNG NL 5-10$??

You should be willing to experiment throughout the course of the match to see what works best .

If a player folds more than 50% of the time to your mini raises otb , then you can play atc's for a profit !! Even if you fold otf 100% of the time , but you manage to win more than 50% of the pots uncontested pre-flop , you will still show a positive expectation .

On the flip side of things , if your opponent calls most of your mini-raises , then you should increase the size of your raises to see if he continues to call liberally .You can take this philosophy against any player to see what works best for you .