Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 08:06 AM

Default 15/30 Live Canterbury Park Bet->Fold or Bet->Call?

Six handed 15/30 live at Canterbury Park.

I'm in the SB with JTss. LAP button whose been playing moderetly tight today open limps (tight raises but loose limps). I raise, BB is Troy whose played about 1-2 orbits and have been semi bluffing every spot possible and playing fairly loosse calls (Raising air on riv with missed draw, playing any suited card with a face card, calling 2 cold with 89o when tough LAG raised and I 3 bet SB etc). Button calls.

My image is fairly tight if not rock as I've been pretty card dead and the only raise I've made out of the blinds that went to showdown was AA (which Troy did not see).

Flop KsTh9s

I bet, Troy calls, button folds.

Turn 4d

I bet, villan raises, I 3 bet, villan calls.

River Jc

I bet, villan Raises...

Standard Bet-Fold? Standard Bet-Call?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: 15/30 Live Canterbury Park Bet->Fold or Bet->Call?

why did you 3-bet the turn? Did you think you were gonna get him to fold a good pair?

Why did you bet the river if you were considering calling a raise? You realize there are like a million ways to make a straight or better two pair, right?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:46 AM

Villan was semi bluffing turn spots like this quite often (even on spots where the turn was a complete blank). With flush draws, open enders, double gutters, gutshots etc. I've seen him do this in the past and he was doing it more so today (in the 2 orbits he played almost every hand and tried to semi bluff every spot possible).

I felt Villan viewed me as weak tight because I'm not a regular+I haven't played a hand since he's sat down other then when I 3 bet out of the SB against good LAG (which I folded on the flop when Villan donked and LAG raised flop;LAG also 4 bet pre this hand).

I felt there was a high chance villan was semi bluffing because the turn was the exact spot where Villan was semi bluffing when he had any kind of a draw and if in fact I was behind I felt had enough outs to improve.

On the turn I also felt there was a slight chance villan might fold hands like QT/JT/AT/Kx on the river for one bet depending on the river (he was not the type to 3 bet AT preflop, LAP pre, LAG post). Wanted certain pair+draw combos to fold on the river if he had one.

I bet the river because I felt he could potentially pay me off with some one pair hands because of the bloated pot. This is contradicting since I wanted him to fold the river UI, but the major reason why I 3 bet turn was because of his semi bluff tendencies and now that I'm at the river I still have to take into consideration that he could pay me off with the missed draw+pair combo or even bluff raise river with a missed draw (he did this once or twice since he's sat down).

I really felt Villan didn't have two pair unless he got there on the river because he was aggressive with his big hands when he hit the flop most of the time especially on a draw heavy board(two pair, sets, top pair good kicker). It was hard for me to put him on a straight combo with a Q because that would just be a straight gutshot unless he had QT or Q9.

Thats also pretty contradicting since he did semi bluff gutshots occasionally as well but he wasn't some maniac who did it everytime.

He did play almost any two suited cards with a face card so this is probably something I should have taken into consideration since he could just have Qx suited.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 PM

Is this Troy the dealer? I hate a 3-bet against anyone here. Just call and river your draw.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:18 PM

If your read is right...you have to call.
against any normal player...you can easily fold.