Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Default NL10 KK line check

Ok, hereīs some KK hand. I second guess my flop play. Any comments are really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

<u>Reads:</u>1st session with the villain. Some earlier plays he made gave me the impression heīs too loose, but not a maniac.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($12.35)
MP2 ($9.85)
CO ($9.45)
Button ($8.40)
SB ($8.25)
BB ($9.35)
UTG ($22.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.8</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

<font color="blue"> Ok, 1st time since long ago that I slowplay a set. His range is wide. Now while any face card can make a straigt for him, I may also stack him if he makes two pair, plus if he has little, I really donīt mind if he thinks the king scared me, so he might bet again.

Is this ok?
</font>
Old 10-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: NL10 KK line check

If he's loose, he may be willing to put more in on the flop. Looks like a loose c-bet from him.

All in all, this is a great spot to build a pot, so I'd say bump it up a little... ~1.25 or 1.35
Old 10-11-2007, 04:04 PM

I would raise small and here's why...if you just call you're not going to be able to stack him if play goes like this: 1) he checks turn and you bet and he checks river and you bet. 2)he bets turn you just call and he checks river and you bet. A flop raise (even a tiny one) ensures getting allin on the river if you size your turn bet well.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:09 PM

If he has AK you want to start getting his stack in with a raise. If he has QJ he will call a raise now where he may not call later on in the hand. Also, if your read is right he will tend to call your raise so there is no reason NOT to raise.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:41 PM

Ok, thanks guys!

Looking back I donīt like my calling too much, either.

But things went well this time. An ace came on the turn, he had AK and I stacked him. But thinking of his potential QJ gave me a hard time.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM

Oh yes... and thereīs yet another question - how much should I raise the flop? Rachkane said like ~1.3, what do you say?

Hereīs what I am worried about: the one hand I really donīt want to give any cheap cards when thinking that betting&gt;slowplaying is QJ.

Now, if I make a real raise on the flop, heīs probably going to stack me if he makes his straight. So, he has implied odds if he has QJ (or any straight draw). OESD makes a straight by the turn almost 1 time in 5. So do I have to raise enough to make him pay 1/5 of the remaining effective stacks, which is a bet of ~$2.5 on my side - or am I overprotecting, folding worse K hands out, e.g. KJ?

Thank you.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:47 PM

I'd be wanting to raise a bit too, I'd think that I wanted to build a pot and try to get AI. I'd also think that if he doesn't have much now there's not much chance that he'll improve on the turn either (with you still ahead that is), so there's not much point in waiting for him to catch up.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is this ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, raise please.