Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 02:44 AM

Default A Halo3 review that is actually funny

video

maybe it is the accent, but I really thought all of his points were dead on and well presented.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: A Halo3 review that is actually funny

Made entertaining by the accent, rapid speech and colloquialisms. Made disingenuous due to no goal other than enflaming the one bloc of fanboys, and enamorizing another - the piquant presentation of the video resulting in greater success with the latter rather than the former. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 03:29 AM

Ehhh, nah.

He doesn't care about multi player? Sorry, I didn't even know the single player game exists. Joking. But seriously, I've had the game since it came out, and havn't even THOUGHT of playing the single player, me and my friends are having so much fun doing the multi, split screen on live.

The multi player is what defines whether a game is good or not, in my opinion. I don't want to go back and replay the same single player missions, I want to go and play a game that will change every single time I play it - aka multi-player.

His accent was funny though, agreed.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:20 AM

Thank you.. for that.

..No words.. Should have sent a poet.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The multi player is what defines whether a game is good or not, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a fundamental disconnect between two classes of gamers. I hate multiplayer, with a passion. I enjoy co-op mode from time to time, but the online frag fests just hold no appeal.

And there's a big block of gamers like me, though I suspect many are older gamers that grew up without multiplayer and so their(my) expectations from a game don't mirror that of today's college students.

I loved Bioshock. I like a game with good atmosphere and story. I want to feel like I'm participating in the retelling of a movie. Running back and forth through Blood Gulch lobbing grenades and yelling "pwned!" does nothing for me.

I realize however, though I seem unable to emotionally grasp why, that there's a large chunk of gamers that would buy a game that don't care about the story. They just want to shoot each other.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to go back and replay the same single player missions, I want to go and play a game that will change every single time I play it - aka multi-player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play enough multiplayer Halo and it becomes insanely repetitive no matter who you're playing with or how you tweak the settings. Of course anything does if you abuse it as thoroughly as I do [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 02:39 PM

The forge seems to offer infinite variety online. Heck, just doing something as small as changing the spawn points around can really just transform a level.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:59 PM

Buying Halo and knocking it because you don't care about multiplayer is like buying Madden and knocking it because you don't like football.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buying Halo and knocking it because you don't care about multiplayer is like buying Madden and knocking it because you don't like football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close. Halo 1 single player was great. Nice story, nice diversification of terrain and weapons. Halo 2 was decent, though not quite as good. Halo 3 is just more of the same and really short.

Now, buying Team Fortress and complaining about multiplayer is pointless, but Halo has never been billed as a multi-player focused title. It's always been billed as dual purpose, single and multiplayer.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:32 PM

"pants-on-head retarded"
Lol. Interesting review. Any other reviews by this guy?

edit- His take on Bioshock