Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Metagame

Hey guys, i posted this on p5s before i realized no one there is actually interested in poker theory

Recently i have been doing alot of thinking about different players poker styles, and what makes them succesful. And as a whole, i think the majority of the best poker players play in a similiar matter. There are many differences, but as a whole their games arent way different then the others. But there are others who play significantly different. I.e, Vietcong, comeonphish, etc. To an outsider, and to many "insiders" they both seem to play like raging idiots. Some people claim, that they are just lucky, or dont play good poker. And from the traditional sense, they dont. Vietcongs numbers are absolutely outstanding, and IMO, there is no way he could have lucksacked his way into all those big scores. It just simply cant happen. In anything in life, albeit sports, poker, business, picking up women, etc, the best way to be succesful is to do something different then what everyone else is doing. To quote imperium, "there are so many undiscoveredd strategies in NL Holdem mttīs.... there are lots of players that win consistentlty in tournaments that are not fundamentally sound... like me for instance."

So my question is, what can we learn from Vietcong? What is it that he does that most of us dont, that gives him such success? Unless your number1pen, you dont play perfect poker, so what can we learn from what they do? From a metagame standpoint, what can we learn from them? I would love to hear peoples opinions on this. Thank you