Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 03:18 PM

Default AQ multiway

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $6.75
BB: $11.70
UTG: $5.70
MP: $12.75
CO: $5.05
Hero (BTN): $24.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.50</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.30</font>, SB calls $1.25, BB folds, UTG calls $1.20, MP calls $0.80

Flop: ($5.30) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.90</font>, SB calls $3.90, 2 folds

Turn: ($13.10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.40</font>, SB calls all-in for $1.55
Uncalled bet of $4.85 returned to Hero

River: ($16.20) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $16.20 ($0.75 Rake)

MP stats 21/16 over 120 hands.
Figured i was ahead of his raising range.

But then a lot of others came along.

How was my line?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: AQ multiway

your flop bet pretty much commits SB, so I don't see anything wrong really. Maybe 3 bet a bit more as it looks like barely a min-raise.

I go to 1.50
Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: AQ multiway

Line was fine. You kept re-raised to isolate, which was good with AQ, because it plays very poor multi-way. The other callers in that situation, you'll find, are usually sitting on low pocket pairs, trying to set mine you.

On the Flop, due to the pot size, I think your bet was appropriately sized. You also have to bet because of the two clubs on board, that can't be allowed to draw for free.

After the two folds on the flop and the one call with only $1.55 left, this hand was essentially over after the flop. You had to be the turn, he had to call, etc, etc.

Either this guy had 33, 88, QJ, or 2 clubs. Either way, I think this line is fine.

Previous comment about raising your 3Bet size is good also. If I have a strong hand and want to entice callers, I might choose 2.5X which is what you did, but normally with AQ, I might bet 4X just to increase my preflop fold equity and to further limit the amount of callers. AQ is a top pair type hand and not one I'm thrilled to get be playing a big pot with, post flop.