Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 12:53 AM

Default I really need to pay better attention

I try to never do anything 100% of the time, but when I have TT-JJ OOP against someone with a normalish 3bet range I cap 100% because they pretty much always play a zillion times better that way. Of course this time I'm [censored] around trying to post something in LC October thread in Medium Steaks so I accidentally call and then the flop comes A high and I don't know what to do so I post it here.

Villain is thankubaby, I thought he was bad the first couple times I played with him but he hasn't done anything especially dumb this session. He's like 35/26/3 over 100ish hands. FWIW if he bet turn I was calling and then c/f river. Once he checks turn Just hope he has 88/99 as opposed to QQ/KK?

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.66 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (4.83 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: I really need to pay better attention

take him to value town.
he doesn't have an A. could have KK or QQ, but he could also have 99 88 55 44 33 or a T.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:23 AM

plus it is a bad spot for him to bluff so he'll check behind broadway stuff.

on 2nd thought.. a c/r would be sick here, but only against a guy who can call you with worse. Prob not as good vs a guy with no history as just betting.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:27 AM

bet this river. not capping JJ/1010 preflop sometimes is fine, particularly against the type of opponent that will bet, bet, bet at you postflop if they think you are weak.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:23 AM

If you are beat, he won't raise. He will call with worse.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:39 AM

King high never folds here, easy bet. He's not super likely to have a pair so a river CR is hard to pull off but if his range were a bit different that's a sweet play here.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-04-2007, 02:22 PM

theres really only two hands you're worried about losing to, KK and QQ. there are many more than you beat and can pay off id bet it. backdoor flush i guess would suck, with KQs or something but i think theres alot of value in betting.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:28 PM

Given HOWMANY is aggro

how bad is checking sets, JJ-KK, or Ax on this turn?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I try to never do anything 100% of the time, but when I have TT-JJ OOP against someone with a normalish 3bet range I cap 100% because they pretty much always play a zillion times better that way. Of course this time I'm [censored] around trying to post something in LC October thread in Medium Steaks so I accidentally call and then the flop comes A high and I don't know what to do so I post it here.

Villain is thankubaby, I thought he was bad the first couple times I played with him but he hasn't done anything especially dumb this session. He's like 35/26/3 over 100ish hands. FWIW if he bet turn I was calling and then c/f river. Once he checks turn Just hope he has 88/99 as opposed to QQ/KK?

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.66 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (4.83 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You might as well bet because he is going to bet any hand that beats you and you'll have to call. Unless he made a flush, a set, or a second pair on the river you will not be raised. There is an excellent chance that any pair will pay you off because he is pretty sure that you don't have an ace.