Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 11:46 AM

Default MSMTT? Am I overreaching, or is this a legit idea

SSMTT gets retarted posts like this and/or ridiculously easy questions all the time. This is nonsense:

quote]2 more "my tourney life on the line w/ AK" tonight... guess what happened.... THEY BOTH LOST!!!! ONE TO ACE CRAP AND THE OTHER TO AA (THAT ONE NOT SO MAD ABOUT, IT WAS A BONEHEAD PLAYE BY ME ANYWAYS CUZ I STILL HAD 20 BB'S BUT I DECIDED TO FOLLOW CONCEPT " OF nlh THEORY AND PRACTICE ADN PUSH IT AGAINST utg LIMPER ADN GUY BEHIND ME WOKE UP W/ ROCKETS

I'M NEVER PLAYING ak ONLINE AGAIN SO WHEN U SEE WUKANG ON ULTIMATE BET... KNOW THAT HE'LL NEVER BE PLAYING AK

[/ QUOTE ]

About a week ago, Jurollo said that a Mid Stakes MTT "definitely won't happen." HSMTT is protected now from sorting out through a slew of totally retarted posts. That is all well and good for the handful of players who regularly succeed at $200+ BI tournaments (let's be honest here, most of the posts in HSMTT are huge events these days). But what about the twenty or so posters in SSMTT who would be more than happy to develop a more fluid, consistently intelligent discussion about concepts more intricate than pushbotting, but not as detailed as what to do in a $1K buy-in tournament? Like 25+ - 75+. Seems like we are getting the low end of the stick here.

Just wanted to see what posters opinions are on this.*

Barry
PS: This by no means is geared to insult regulars who play in $4s and $10s. I think in a lot of ways, an MSMTT forum would be highly beneficial to those SSMTT regulars as well.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: MSMTT? Am I overreaching, or is this a legit idea

Although I agree that a MSMTT forum would be great, I don't think it will happen.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:52 PM

I would 100% rather a MTTTheory Forum where our theory posts that WILL help these new guys improve their game incredibly and allow them to ask non-hand related questions.

This is also due to the fact that I'm incredibly bored with SSMTTS forum due to the basic hands and I only ever show up to talk about theory and range applications, despite being on 2+2 a bunch.

Any chance of a MTTTheory forum? I doubt it would be as necessary but our Anthology hasn't been updated in... ever.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:09 PM

The thing is you're not concerned with the difference b/w micro MTTs and MSMTTs, you're concerned with avoiding bad posts in SSMTT, which isn't really grounds for a split.

HSMTT got it's own forum not strictly so that the HS players can avoid the micro/newb posts, but also because the game at that level is so drastically different that juxtaposing hands from a 4/180 with hands from a live 10k is silly.

In other words, a 25$ MTT hand is purely fitting in SSMTT, you just aren't impressed with the quality of SSMTT at the moment. The best approach to that prob IMO is push for improvements (i.e. making Bond mod was a big one) and pushing yourself to participate in ways that better the forum.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is you're not concerned with the difference b/w micro MTTs and MSMTTs, you're concerned with avoiding bad posts in SSMTT, which isn't really grounds for a split.

HSMTT got it's own forum not strictly so that the HS players can avoid the micro/newb posts, but also because the game at that level is so drastically different that juxtaposing hands from a 4/180 with hands from a live 10k is silly.

In other words, a 25$ MTT hand is purely fitting in SSMTT, you just aren't impressed with the quality of SSMTT at the moment. The best approach to that prob IMO is push for improvements (i.e. making Bond mod was a big one) and pushing yourself to participate in ways that better the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a mod digging up and anthologing the 30 theory posts we've had on AK so it doesn't come up every week by someone new to the forums? :P
Old 10-03-2007, 02:25 PM

My concern for higher levels of debate in terms of theory, value maximization, nuance of pushbotting, et al., is in direct proportion with my desire to decrease the deluge of "WTF do I do with 88 or AK" posts that come from newb posters on a bi-daily basis.

Barry
PS: i agree that making Bond a moderator has improved the quality of the forum somewhat.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a mod digging up and anthologing the 30 theory posts we've had on AK so it doesn't come up every week by someone new to the forums? :P

[/ QUOTE ]

The people who post really retarded posts don't read anthology's, or sticky's. This is rather obvious.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:19 PM

Barry...I think I agree with you to a point...the bad beat and bad post quantity is getting out of hand...don't think changing the structure is an auto fix though...I just think the mods will have to tighten up on some of the extreme bad posts
Old 10-03-2007, 07:02 PM

There won't be an MS forum any time soon. It was rather difficult to get the HS forum and there just isn't enough need for a MS forum right now. Don't hate the messenger.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:17 PM

My feeling is that there are a lot of bad posts and bad advice in SSMTT, but I am not sure if the play in the $4 MTTs is particularly worse than that in $50 MTTs or $200 live MTTs, so I don't see the point in a separate forum for microstakes.