Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Do I bet this flop after 3-bet pf?

Hero is passive with PFR less than 10%. His minraise tells me QQ+. At least with these opponents this must be the case. After him checking on this flop, do u think I should have bet it? I think I should, although I didn't. This guy calls with all his big PP and even c/r us so we can get it in. Right?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $43.75
BB: $54.59
UTG: $21.87
MP: $50.00
CO: $76.78
Hero (BTN): $50.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP checks, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $4.00</font>, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($8.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks
Old 10-02-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Do I bet this flop after 3-bet pf?

He checked, you have the almost nuts. Almost no way he has QJ. So, bet. If he raises I would just call and push over his turn bet. By checking there is a smaller chance you'll get him all in. Lots of turn cards are scary if he has a big hand.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:43 AM

I am definitley betting this flop. Villain most likely is either sandbagging or he missed and is worried, and our hand is vulnerable as hell.

I bet, and I'm satisfied no matter how Villain responds. If he has QJs (possible), then that sucks, but I'm hoping he flopped a set or has whiffed overs instead. Meanwhile, it would be wonderful if he had AA, but I kind of doubt that's what's going on. (If he has AA, then I think his flop check is awful.)
Old 10-02-2007, 06:00 AM

Bet flop - pot is like what 8 bucks? bet 6.50/7.
If he raises stick it in.
Fist pump.
Profit.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:17 AM

Of course you bet. Build the pot and win monies!

Check and watch a jack come off and you lose monies!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet flop - pot is like what 8.75 bucks? bet 8 to 10.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2007, 09:54 AM

Bet 7.75 here, villain either likes his hand or he doesn't.. there's way too many scare cards that can come on the turn so you need to bet. Your hand is really disguised so you should get money in while villain doesn't think you can have a straight.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:21 AM

Ok. The answer to my question was pretty obvious. I totally misplayed the hand. These passive guys never put money in the pot with their good hands and I didn't help him do it, so the result was really fun. I can't wait to tell you the rest of the hand and how I lost. LOL

Turn: ($8.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, MP calls $9.00

Ok. His range must be the same here but why the hell doesn't he raise me anywhere if he holds an overpair??? Strange...

River: ($32.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">MP raises all-in to $34.00</font>, Hero calls $14.00

And the winner is........ Parapam Papam....
Put in on the flop, lose with quads and at least say you did a nice play.

Pot Size: $100.75 ($3 Rake)

MP had 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (four of a kind, Eights) and WON (+$47.75)
Hero had 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight Six to Ten) and LOST (-$50.00)
Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 AM

hahahaha so sick, but seriously, bet flop before a Q comes on turn and kills all action or makes our hand second-best. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. The answer to my question was pretty obvious. I totally misplayed the hand. These passive guys never put money in the pot with their good hands and I didn't help him do it, so the result was really fun. I can't wait to tell you the rest of the hand and how I lost. LOL

Turn: ($8.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, MP calls $9.00

Ok. His range must be the same here but why the hell doesn't he raise me anywhere if he holds an overpair??? Strange...

River: ($32.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">MP raises all-in to $34.00</font>, Hero calls $14.00

And the winner is........ Parapam Papam....
Put in on the flop, lose with quads and at least say you did a nice play.

Pot Size: $100.75 ($3 Rake)

MP had 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (four of a kind, Eights) and WON (+$47.75)
Hero had 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight Six to Ten) and LOST (-$50.00)

[/ QUOTE ]

I tell you, there are so many players out there who will preflop 3-bet/flop check a set no matter what the board as a whole looks like.

Villain deserved to be up against 66, to watch the flop check through, to make a tiny bet on a turn deuce and get called, and then to pay off for stacks on the river when a 7 fell.

But, FWIW, to be results-oriented for a moment, you were destined to lose your stack in this hand no matter what you did.