Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 12:50 AM

Default PLO 25 - Trip Aces on a Flush board?

Okay so I know I played this wrong. The flush possibility paralyzed me in this hand. How should I have played this hand?

Full Tilt Poker - Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $57.75
BB: $42.15
UTG: $7.95
UTG+1: $13.10
MP1: $25.15
MP2: $11.55
CO: $9.40
Janellebb7 (BTN): $39.70

Preflop: Janellebb7 is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $0.55</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Janellebb7 raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $1.45

*** I did this part right...

Flop: ($4.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets $1.25</font>, Janellebb7 calls $1.25

*** Darn me calling here trying to see if the board pairs lol... I should have tripled the bet??? raised it??
Folded to a reraise?

Turn: ($6.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets $1.50</font>, Janellebb7 calls $1.50

River: ($9.85) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets all-in for $8.35</font>, Janellebb7 folds
Uncalled bet of $8.35 returned to UTG+1

Pot Size: $9.85 ($0.45 Rake)

while I am at it I just want to show off how well I did tonight despite playing horribly on this hand LOL. My first night since last weekend where I made real progress!

I think all the help you guys gave has helped me play with a little more agression except on this hand LOL.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: PLO 25 - Trip Aces on a Flush board?

That looks like someone with QTxx probably not a flush. I think a flop or turn raise would tell you if the person had a flush.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:16 AM

I think this is different to the other set you called in that it's HU. I think the call on the flop is fine. I would raise the turn. As played the river fold is fine imo.

This is where being in position gets you to do strange things, or at least I do. Seems fine to call these bets with the Button, until he goes pot on the river.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:42 AM

hmm, this is one of those spots i might repot on the flop - hes only got just over 50bb left and with some dead money in the pot - it also shows the table that you dont have to have the best hand or the best of it to be ready to gamble

you tend to find that at smaller stakes full ring you get alot of regualars, so it this is the case i especially like it for metagame reasons [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 04:13 AM

i call river
Old 09-28-2007, 08:27 AM

Elrazor it is so easy to say re-pot it. The board is scary. And at these stakes, the problem is I don't think I can get a weak flush to fold his hand which is why I was hesitant to pot it on the flop.

I know I probably should have potted it to see how strong he is and maybe bluff him off a weaker flush, but for some reason when I get in these spots I like to try and choose the path of least resistance and call it down. I keep making this mistake. It gets me into these fixes.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:29 AM

Really you would call that river? Is that a +EV situation? I don't think I have a 50% + better shot to win here if he bets the whole pot on the river. Am I wrong? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is different to the other set you called in that it's HU. I think the call on the flop is fine. I would raise the turn. As played the river fold is fine imo.

This is where being in position gets you to do strange things, or at least I do. Seems fine to call these bets with the Button, until he goes pot on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree with you. A turn raise would also have given me a chance to see if I paired the board and also maybe scare him off his hand... it looks like I might be slow playing the nut flush... actually I really like this suggestion.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:44 AM

dont get me wrong im not automatically repotting here, but from how he has bet this it looks like either a weak flush or maybe even a straight - i dont think the way you played it was bad in any way as he gave you 3-1 to call on every street, and if we are playing around the 100bb mark no way im potting this on either the flop or the turn without a very good excuse

you have basically taken the textbook line here as far as playing this hand is concerned, but re raising is a more creative play in certain situations and one you should be aware of and have in your armoury [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but re raising is a more creative play in certain situations and one you should be aware of and have in your armoury [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.. I am trying [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]