Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 PM

Default spew?

comments on all streets appreciated, but i think the turn is the most interesting. villian is 25/20 and aggro postflop. but i'm not sure what his stealing range is.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>,
Old 09-27-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: spew?

i dont do that on the flop hence my flop af is 0.8. i dont do that on the turn hence my turn af is 0.7. you should be ahead here a good amount vs other flush draws but those hands are somewhat likely to bet the river ui and you can't lose more than you need to to 22 77 44 A4 A7 and badly played AY KAY
Old 09-27-2007, 11:28 PM

turn is retarded.

I just call and hope to hit, and barring that, I just c/c the river and hope your opponents sucks more than u
Old 09-27-2007, 11:36 PM

I think I would slow down on the turn and just call when CO raises. Correct me if I am wrong, but we are 3-betting the flop because of a combination of our pot equity and the folding equity you gain by showing so much strength. When you lead on the turn and get raised even after you showed strength on the flop, I think calling down is the right play (unless, of course you hit your flush on the river). This way CO may keep bluffing with a worse hand or we minimize our losses against a set or 2 pair. I guess the downside of this line is that you miss a little value when CO is playing a flush draw aggressively, but I think you make up for this by saving a couple of bets against a set or inducing a bluff on the river.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:26 AM

Yeah, the turn is really unnecessary.

You're behind 100% of the time here, unless your specific read is that villain is a moron. In order of likeliness, he holds a bigger A, an Ax two pair, or a set. I think you see a FDSR here about never.

If he does fold to a turn 3-bet, the question is, did you really want him to fold?
Old 09-28-2007, 02:35 AM

@ Stop tilting or stop being a spewtard if thats standard for you.

Turn is spew as already mentioned by others, but flop isnt great either IMO.

Ask your self what hands he is going to fold after he raises the flop? (Pretty few if any)

Ask your self what your average equity is vs his range?

Note that when he has a set your eq is 27%
When he has A7, A4 and A2 its about 47%
When he has 88, 99 its also about 47%
When he has 7x, 4x and 2x its about 57%

I'd guess your eq is close to 50% so the 3-bet looks ok. However it cuts down on your implied odds. If you just call then you can c/r a club turn where villain would have just called a bet had you 3-bet the flop. And when you miss not 3-betting obviously saves you 1 SB.
Its not a huge mistake to 3-bet. But its one of those plays that is rarely going to be +EV. So even tho its not -EV by much its still an uneccessary play to make that play - in particular if you dont like variance.

Disclaimer: If you have reads that he might fold a lower pair on the turn if you 3-bet then a flop 3-bet could be +EV. But never by much.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM

*grunch*

Normally i would call the reraise on the flop and c/r the turn.