Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 09:20 PM

Default 33$ HU sng: AK hits the turn but gets a lot of action

Villain doesn`t pay much respect to my c-bets and has some LAGish tendencies + he usually doesn`t start betting without having at least a pair or draw.(that`s why I checked the flop). Can you image another (better!*g) turnplay ?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t10/t20
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t80)</font>.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t120, 2 players)
BB checks, hero checks.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t120, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t40</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t100</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to t460</font>, hero calls t360 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t680)</font>.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t1040, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in t470</font>, hero calls t470 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1510)</font>.

Results:
Final pot: t1980
Old 09-26-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: 33$ HU sng: AK hits the turn but gets a lot of action

You should have just folded on the turn . He's raised quite a bit and I don't think it's a good idea to call a turn bet and a river bet to find out if your hand is best .
Old 09-27-2007, 05:30 AM

You're going to fold TPTK against a LAG on a turn with no flushes, straights or pairs on board? Please tell me you're kidding.

I would shove the turn without thinking. I need a damn good reason not to go broke with TPTK, and there isn't one here.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:56 AM

I shove the turn against a LAG villain here in most cases. Sometimes I might fold but only if I really felt villain might have a really strong holdings (could be he never reraised this big or perhaps the speed of his decision, something like that)
Old 09-27-2007, 09:15 AM

Depends oh how you define Lag . I'm pretty lag myself , at times , and I certainly would have to beat a single pair hand to make this turn re-raise after my bet has been raised . On top of that , villain has made an even larger bet than normal which does have to be taken into consideration .

Lag does not necessarily mean "bluff central ".
Old 09-27-2007, 12:44 PM

If you raise a little more than to 100 on the turn, you may not have this problem?

If you call his turn bet, you must call his river bet.

It seems like you know a lot about this villain, so what do YOU think? I mean, will JA donk bet here? Will A8 donk bet here? If not, those hands comprise a sizeable chunk of his range. I can also see AQ taking this exact line, especially given your weak RR on the turn. So, if you respect your opponent's game, fold. If you don't, push on turn.

Barry