Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 06:01 PM

Default $3-$5 Limit Holdem

I'm a fairly new player, whose playing $3-$5 Limit Holdem very tight, A-B-C poker at a B&M in Florida. I can't seem to sit longer than 2 hrs at a time and still have a winning session. The other folks in the game seem to play almost any 2 cards and there is not much raising, so in order to win you need to catch cards...any advise for playing longer sessions?

And the $3-$5 Limt game always seems to only run in the afternoons and break up around 7pm...but the $1-$2 Limit games (No fold'em) are at many tables all day & night long.

Thanks...
Old 09-22-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: $3-$5 Limit Holdem

I think a big factor is table selection. The other day I sat for 11 hours at a 10/20 game, just because I could not leave. There were 4-5 players that were absolutely terrible, it was the easiest session of my life [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you are playing a tight preflop game, that's totally fine for a small limit game. But, you should be coming in with raises on those hands you want to play (your AQs, TT, etc...) instead of probably limping (since you are a fairly new player).

Time and time again, I see tight players limp in with AKo and only to be outflopped by my 46o in the SB when the board comes 4-4-A. Put in your raises!

Also, check out Kit's new post, and good luck.