Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 02:49 PM

Default 25/50c river decision..

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $14.37
BB: $105.79
UTG: $65.87
MP: $24.06
CO: $51.30
Hero (BTN): $72.91

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.00</font>, CO calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $4.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $3.00, Hero calls $3.00

Flop: ($13.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $7.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25.00</font>, BB calls $18.00

Turn: ($63.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($63.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $35.00</font>

call/fold ?
any other thought on the hand ?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: 25/50c river decision..

Kind of a pointless thread without reads because it basically comes down to whether you think he is bluffing or not. I would fold though because his bet size looks likes its for value and probably a missed c/r on the turn.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:17 PM

I think you should fire again on the turn here for about $35.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kind of a pointless thread without reads because it basically comes down to whether you think he is bluffing or not. I would fold though because his bet size looks likes its for value and probably a missed c/r on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea and I think his b/c on the flop is with an QxAc so much of the time, and while leading the turn for 1/3-1/2 pot with the NF is a sick play, most just c/r or check and vbet the river
Old 09-18-2007, 03:29 PM

I think your preflop call is pretty thin. Granted you are multiway and have the button but I sill fold this facing a preflop raise.

Your flop play is good. Firing the turn is no good because the pot is huge and you are turning your hand into a bluff.

So the river is basically a question of "is he bluffing"... well if he is its a pretty sick bluff to be honest, but its an understandable one because you checked the turn. Its hard to put him on a set or 2pr because I feel these would have pushed the flop so some kind of club makes good sense here.

Even with the decent odds I think it is really hard for him to be bluffing here so I probably fold. The fact that he is betting tells me that he has a club and any club he has is better than yours.

You should supply reads with your post, it would make this easier...
Old 09-18-2007, 03:36 PM

I agree pretty much entirely with ama. Preflop is kinda 'meh' because you're not the aggressor in a multiway 3-bet pot with a suited connector (although you have the button so that helps your call).

Flop is awesome, you didn't slowplay. Very well played, you have a good hand but a vulnerable one.

On the turn I would bet something like 20, you'll get a call from two pair or a set, and he'll shove with a higher club (usually). It's a really fishy line but if you can bet $20 and not put any more money in the pot, I think it's good, although I don't mind how you played it if you folded river.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:38 PM

I think you played this fine and the river is usually a fold imo. With a made non-flush hand villain is usually reraising the flop - he wouldn't risk a 4th club unless he had it protected. I can see villain with a set here that he intended to get in on a non club turn but I think you are beat on the river too often to call.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your preflop call is pretty thin. Granted you are multiway and have the button but I sill fold this facing a preflop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling this is fine, as you have the button and someone else has already called in front of you, so it looks to be a good sized pot and you have a hand that has the potential to hit a monster. Is this results oriented because someone 3bet after his initial call?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:25 PM

Sorry for the read, forget to put them.

BB has 15/6/1.5 Over 350 hands and his reraise makes me think he has a high pair in that position. Flop call is due to the stack size, it's a huge implied odds if I hit.

Any other thought or I post the result ?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should fire again on the turn here for about $35.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good chance he's got AcQx or possibly even AcAx, although I can't see the sense in calling with the AA I would definitely push, I can't see him doing this without either a good made flush or a good hand with the Ac. If he is bluffing then GL to him, but I reckon he'll do this 10% at most.

Mack