Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 03:00 PM

Default 1.2k€ Satelite to big live event, preflop spot with JJ

Hey,

I was playing in a 1.2k satellite event for a big live tournament in Paris a few days ago.

Facts:
There were 18 players remaining on two tables. Blinds were 400/800 with a 75 ante. I had 6.2k chips. The satellite offered 9 seats to the big event.

I'm in the cutoff with JJ. I'm definitely way below average but I have a good position at the table (the player on my right and the two players on my left are even shorter with 3-4kish stacks).

A player I have no read on raises to 3200 from UTG+1. He has a big stack, about 19k. I put him on 88+, AJ+, KQs, but at this point I don't think he has AA or KK (at least it's unlikely, the typical play at this club would be a smaller raise or a call).

At the moment considering my stack it looked like a clear shove, but I started having second thoughts afterwards. Is it possible to fold considering it's a satellite and my position at the table is relatively good, bound to provide better spots?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: 1.2k€ Satelite to big live event, preflop spot with JJ

dude your M is only 3+ yourself. you need chips I would push this all day long. you can't fold your way into a seat your going to have to double up. I could be wrong but thats my play everytime.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:29 PM

Agree. This is likely the best spot you are going to get and if this guy is a relatively big stack for the table, he knows this and is likely putting on pressure to the small stacks to fold. He could be a low as 77, 66, A10, KJ etc.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:29 PM

I am 90% repushing here, even though you have no fold equity a 4x raise usually is never AA KK QQ or JJ, esp in a satalite this deep they are usually trying to take down pot with not much effort. I am pretty sure with a stack size like he had his range here is 77+ AJs+ and I would repush here, like the above poster mentioned you cannot fold into a seat, a double up would put you over 10 bb's and if you picked your pushing spots well you should be able to get in.

actually the top of his range is what I said above, he could have alot wider of a range, but that being said the top of his range u have beat.

-Matt