Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 03:39 AM

Default CRing Frequencies..

Alright its late, I'm sick, I'm high on Sinutab, I can't sleep, and I'm probably not thinking straight... so obviously my mind wanders to poker theory.

Let's look at playing from the blinds (OOP) against a single villain pf-raiser at a typical 6m 5/10 table. Villain is 22/18 with an "average" CB-frequency and no notable metagame issues going on.

1) Villain raises to $40 from MP. You call from the BB.. what type of range are we on? ..Flop comes 952r, you CR... what type or range are we on now? ...how often do you make this play with complete air? Say you have air this time and villain calls... turn is a Q... do you give up?

2) Villain raises from the button to $35. You call from the BB. What is your range for calling here? Flop is 984cc. You CR... what type of hands? You have air more or less frequently than in (1)? If you are villain, is there any hands you are calling this raise or is it a push/fold situation? How weak are you felting as villain?

Feel free to just answer one or a few of the questions instead of the whole shebang..
Old 09-23-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: CRing Frequencies..

I'd say if you're going to just call from the blinds and give up the initiative, you should do so intending to attack a lot postflop, and you should do so in enough different ways that he can't easily read your plays without a lengthy analysis. He's got a weak range in this spot, and so do you for the most part, but you can certainly pick good spots to fight back light, even out of position.

Not sure I want to give up specific examples/ranges though, as I think that'd be giving up a whole lot. This is a pretty frequent spot to be in, so, you know, no easy buckets
Old 09-23-2007, 08:00 AM

Which hand do you like picking better as a good spot to fight back with?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:03 AM

its interesting that on a board like 1) you would c/c a lot with a set, because that is the most profitable line. But you would want to c/r with air. So unless you are blancing well on these boards your opponent has an easy 3-bet once u c/r him.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the 2nd scenario cuz you have a wider range of hands that you are felting with on a wet cordinated flop vs a rainbow flop.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:57 AM

jj12,

Your point only reinforces c/r'ng a set now, doesn't it? Yeti theorem.....
Old 09-23-2007, 12:12 PM

as sensei said no easy buckets, but a little work with pokerstove/opponents tendencies would probably show which line is optimal vs which opponents.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against looser opponents, the dry board. they're less likely to have anything good, so usually they'll just give up

against more weaktight ones, the drawy one, because i've got a better chance to win it with a second or third barrel on scare cards.

but i dont think theres a huge difference, both work against all kinds of opponents if the situation is right.