Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 02:13 PM

Default live 5/10 NL flopped set 1000 BBs deep

I think I played this hand OK but it was a little complicated so I want to see what people think. The game is 5/10 NL at Foxwoods and the stacks are really deep. Both villain and I have 10,000.

Villain limps in early position. He is a wealthy casual player who plays lots of hands and can stick a lot of money in on draws and bluffs when he shouldn't. Also, I have been beating up on him all day. A mediocre player raises to 30 and I call with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. My image is tight, solid, occasionally tricky. A decent player with a 2500 stack reraises to 105. Since he is raising so many people, I assume he has a big hand. Villain calls, mediocre guy calls, and I call.

Flop comes 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain leads out for 400 fairly quickly. I decide to just call. Should I always raise here? With the preflop reraiser behind me, there is a decent chance he will raise, and then I can reevaluate the situation with a lot more information and more money in the pot. He does indeed raise 500 more. Villain calls the 500, and at this point I put him on some kind of straight draw and figure it is safe to commit. Since I am not sure which cards make him a straight, I figure I need to raise big. I decide to raise the size of the pot, which is 3000 on top. I considered making a smaller raise to make it more likely that he would go crazy and push all in over the top, but ultimately I figured the raise size wouldn't change the probability of this happening enough.

Thoughts?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: live 5/10 NL flopped set 1000 BBs deep

i think you played it okay...ive never been this deep and covered at 5/10 so take my opinion fwiw

villain can easily show up with 78 here and if he has it he played it great...it doesnt seem that unlikely that he would call with 78 that deep preflop the way you described him...i think you have the preflop reraiser clearly crushed and drawing to two outs

if villain shoves over your 3000 it could make sense to fold...unless preflop reraiser somehow gets it allin also giving you odds to draw to fullhouse even if your beat
Old 09-24-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if villain shoves over your 3000 it could make sense to fold...unless preflop reraiser somehow gets it allin also giving you odds to draw to fullhouse even if your beat

[/ QUOTE ]

What odds are these when if villain shoves (and only if) his likeliest holdings are 33 and 66. The pre-flop raiser is presumably locked up and I'm not saying that it easy to fold to set over set but if ever there was a time to do it 1000bbs give you the infomation.

I look forward to you flaming away after your rudeness in the nvg thread but if the villian shoves he is more likely to have 33 or 66 (more 66) than 78 or a pair and straight draw..

I personally would play it the same
Old 09-24-2007, 02:56 PM

1000bbs is pretty sick eh. this was played ok.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:24 PM

so i think that you should have raised the initial donk if you think that the PF aggressor is gonna put a small raise in (like all live players do) bc then the donker is almost always gonna call and then you have to raise now, which pretty much puts your hand face up

therefore allowing your opponents to play optimally against you, while if you raise the initial donk (this clearly indicates alot of strength) i dont think that the PF aggressor just folds his AA or w/e

what i think would happen/that would be interesting is...
donk of 400, you make it like 1150+ and the RR calls or shoves and the donker then calls or shoves

what are you doing on a blank turn if the donker calls also...b/f?

what if the 3 pairs and the donker shows alot of strength? can you FOLD A BOAT?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:24 PM

Raise the donk bet and let preflop reraiser stick it with an overpair if he has one as you assume.

Was this the 5-10 game last night?
Old 09-24-2007, 06:08 PM

if villain is chris, i'm raising his donk bet for a number of reasons.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the donk bet and let preflop reraiser stick it with an overpair if he has one as you assume.

Was this the 5-10 game last night?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it was last night. Were you in the game? I felt like calling would let me possibly get lots of money off both of them, instead of just the preflop reraiser.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if villain is chris, i'm raising his donk bet for a number of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it was Gordon.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:29 AM

I think you played the hand perfectly... Probably raise 2400 so you have at least some FE... Being 1000BBs deep, it is a sick spot if he shoves over the top..