Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 02:34 AM

Default 5k stats

Hi,

These are my first 5k hands(played on fulltit). Am I doing something very wrong here? I played a similar style on bodog and I won around 1BB/100 hands on 15k hands, playing 3/6 and 5/10. Hit me...

Thanks

[image][/image]
Old 09-17-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: 5k stats

in brief:
1. you dont raise enough preflop
2. you dont steal enough (unless you are in very loose games)
3. you are on the passive side postflop (most people have postflop aggressions in the 2-3 range with flop>turn>river)

further to the aggression comment...I bet you slowplay too much and this very likley cost your money at the tables. seems to me that you like to CR the turn...probably too much. consider just going to war on the flop as that may well make your more monies. think if it this way, fish love to wait for the turn to CR a big hand so naturally they think everyone else does the same so being aggro on the flop can make you more money and they might actuallly not believe you and thus you can profit.

check out the FAQ in the micros for a range of reasonable numbers

all in all, 5k isnt that many hands so try posting some hands that give you trouble

cya on the forums

ozi
Old 09-17-2007, 02:47 AM

Worrying about your win rate after 5k hands is just silly. You can easly go on 50k+ hands losing streaks.

Anyhow, you are playing too loose passive.

Some good players do very well with around 20% vpip. However, I find when only ok players try it they can't play the marginal stuff well enough and it just costs them money.

Your PFR is too low. It should be in the low two digits. I'd guess you arn't isolating bad players enough and maybe are not open raising in MP with stuff like KTs, 77, A8s. And your steal percentage could be a little higher.

Your aggressive factor is low.

If Bodogs 3/6 blind structure is 1/3 then you are probably completing too much out of the small blind.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:27 PM

You are both right; I slowplay quite a bit and dont open-raise with hands as low as A8s or KTs in MP, only in late. I will adjust and post more stats. Regarding the stealing percent, I noticed that if I try to do it more often blinds or button 3bet back at me and try to push me off the hand.

Thanks for the input.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:52 PM

Won $ WSF = 36.25 is running pretty good, no?

So there's reason for concern.