Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 12:44 AM

Default 5-10 Call Down with pair 7s

Vallian is I_T_M 24/19/4.5 325 hends

he is reraising PF all the time. He reraised me PF before even with 87s and he is always very agrassive postflop..

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $1,073.75
BB: $862.00
UTG: $1,522.00
MP: $234.00
Hero (CO): $3,805.68
BTN: $1,795.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $35.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $130.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $95.00

Flop: ($275) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $210.00</font>, Hero calls $210.00

Turn: ($695) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $360.00</font>, Hero calls $360.00

River: ($1415) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all-in for $1,095.00</font>, Hero calls $1,095.00

what can u tell me about this call down ?
Old 09-15-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: 5-10 Call Down with pair 7s

i dont like it so deep. this is why he keeps reraising you pf so you will stack off light

-Mike
Old 09-15-2007, 03:52 AM

if your going to call w this oop to take a stand (which i think is a bad idea), u really have to checkraise a lot of flops , including this one. i think ur going to have a really hard time making the right decisions against an aggressive opponent if u play a hand like this oop passively.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:55 PM

This is true. But his range was bigger than AJ, JJ+. And he will check river without this cards or will bet with air. This time i was true, he show me KQo.

Vs this guy i didnt want fold my pair, i didnt want lose so mutch vs middle hans, like 99 or QJ on 2 buy-in, thats why i played: check,call because i was sure, that he should chek river with middle hand. is it better play in this street check/raise/fold or bet in future????
Old 09-15-2007, 12:59 PM

I'd say this guy would have to be a nutjob to 3barrell here. You just got valuetowned...Your call preflop is fine given the stacks. But damn, pitch it on the turn....His bet sizing on turn is pretty small I'd say he has QQ-AA, and he's sorta wanting to induce shove, and by riv he feels that since uve c/c 3 streets he's gotta be good with his overpair...
Old 09-15-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But damn, pitch it on the turn....His bet sizing on turn is pretty small I'd say he has QQ-AA, and he's sorta wanting to induce shove

[/ QUOTE ]

regarding the small bet on the turn... the board is really drawy, wouldnt QQ-AA, or nearly any legit hand for that matter, bet much larger? it seems like he could have bet that small with a draw and/or also set it up so he could bluffshove the river for the super menacing looking amount of 1k+. but maybe i'm overthinking it
Old 09-15-2007, 01:42 PM

I would say that this is spew, he's not 3 barreling here often enough to justify this calldown. Throw in the fact that he may be bluffing with the best hand occasionally, and I don't like this.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:20 PM

i like how the one time you catch the absolute bottom of his range justifies this to you as a great play. also after he sees your hand at showdown hes never checking a medium stregnth hand vs you on the river again :/. pf is also very very bad
Old 09-15-2007, 03:57 PM

i'd like it if you could put him on some sort of nuts or air range, but he could even be valuepushing as weak as AJ or KJ i think.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:34 PM

I think best line here is to c/r flop and fold to a shove, by just calling oop on a board ths drawy, its almost always either a draw or a weak made hand such as urs which means that if villain knows this, he will try and push u off ur hand with air but could also be defending againt draws, which makes this hand very difficult to play as his range is wide open. His small turn bet could be seen as not being strong as there are so many draws to defend against, however, this is very player dependant, by making such a small bet on the turn he could be trying to induce a shove on his set or something. I don't think his river shove changes much, as hed do this with air and monsters etc. Overall, given his aggression and how hugely under repped ur hand is, I really don't mind a call here, I doubt hes value-shoving a very wide range in this spot (obviously somewhat player dependant though) and I think his range is pretty polarized between air and monsters