Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Fold KK?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG Villain raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG Villain caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero ???

BO
Old 09-17-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Fold KK?

[ QUOTE ]
Fold KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see anyway you could fold this. Horrible, horrible board for us here though obv. What is your read on the villain? I think you should at least call down, and raise a rivered straight.

I'm calling this turn, with the overpair that might be good, the draws to the straights, and draw to top set (I'd bet that if checked to at the river).
Old 09-17-2007, 12:54 AM

I don't think we can count on our draw to top set being any good. Villain can easily have AA, AK, maybe AQ here which kill us if we hit the K.

That said I think we call the turn to try and hit the straight. I'm calling if we hit the K, but folding any other non straight cards.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:15 AM

You're open ended getting 6.5:1

What?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:49 AM

Yes you are behind to every single hand in must peoples ranges but you have an OESD and will almost always gain a bet on the river when you hit.