Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 08:03 PM

Default A few 8/16 Live Hands

#1-8/16 live table. Just sat down. 1st orbit in. Only read is that Villain(SB)has played every hand so far

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, Hero is MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raises, folded to SB who calls, BB calls, others call as well. 5 to the flop

(9.5 SBs) Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Jc Checked to Hero who bets, SB C/Raises, BB folds, Fold, Fold, Hero calls. HU to the turn.

(7 BBs) Turn comes the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB bets, Hero calls.

(9BBs) River comes the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Sb bets, Hero calls. (11BBs)

Too weak on the flop with no 3 bet by me right [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]? Missed an easy 3 bet with top 2. My plan on this one was to get to showdown but I may have been able to get away from it UI on the turn. Didn't know if SB was capable of doing this with a flush draw but [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Either a Jx or 8x hand likely. Wasn't completely sure with this unknown. Me thinks any outs left really stunk except the poss 2 Jacks remaining
--------------------

#2- Same table but about 45 minutes later. My table image is solid and people have just seen me showdown big hands(most all winners) that I have raised PF with. Getting some respett.

UTG(Woman who seems weakish)Limps, folded to Hero in HJ, looks left like he always does now and sees disinterest in others hands, a few are muck-ready. Hero Raises with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Folded to SB(Loose PF) who calls, BB folds. 3 ways

(5.5 SBs) Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Checked to Hero who bets out fairly quickly, SB folds, UTG hesistantly calls. HU

(4 BBs) Turn comes the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG pause-checks, Hero bets, SB waits again and calls.

(6 BBs) River come the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB Pause-checks her hand, Hero Bets. SB has as stack of chips in hand and looks ready to ?, waits for about 20 seconds and then folds. Seemed like she hated to fold this one here alot.

Still don't know what she had but def a piece. Maybe a weak 2 pair, overpair? a draw or? Only saw her raise PF once and she didn't show it down and won the pot. So overpair prolly not but not completely ruling it out. She seemed weak throughout this hand so I turboed it on her. Not a brag of how a I got lucky and hit a str8 there but went with my read on her and repped a much bigger hand with my table image. Was able to pull this iso play off a few times during the session cause of my image & in the right position. Looking left sure did help to snag the button.

Likey or no likey this play done with the right playas in moderation? I seem to always only get big hands PF lately which is great so when I raise PF with them people put me exactly on them which is why I widen my hands to raise with more.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: A few 8/16 Live Hands

raise a big street and fold to a 3-bet in hand 1 or just 3-bet the flop.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:27 PM

Hand 1: Pop this one more time somewhere, usually I just 3-ball the flop. Flop raises to cut off the field are rarely trips so take him to value-town.

Hand 2: My read on getting out chips is that there is is a higher chance they will call, still a reasonable chance they will fold and you're less likely to get check/raised. My raising standard here is a notch higher though. A8o is about as low as I'll go with offsuit Aces even if I think I can get it heads-up. With loose/bored blinds in a live game and people often surrendering on Axx boards I'm more inclined to pass.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to always only get big hands PF lately which is great so when I raise PF with them people put me exactly on them which is why I widen my hands to raise with more.

[/ QUOTE ]

My isolate-a-donk range

Any pair
Any 2 suited cards 8 or higher
Any 2 offsuit cards 9 or higher
Any Suited Ace

Adjust depending on how loose the other players are, your image and how easily they give up.

If they're a maniac, then ditch most of the stuff without showdown value and see lots of showdowns.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:40 PM

Thanks kidz. Solid advice.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:37 AM

i like hand 1 fine as is and hand 2 is close pf and the rest standard