Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 PM

Default NL 50 and below comments about KK pre flop

There is a lot of "you're supposed to lose money when you get all in with KK vs. AA pre flop" but at stakes including and lower than NL 50 i think this is ill advice. ONLY if you are holding KK and villain has a short stack and puts you all in pre flop do I feel you have a chance of being ahead. people with full stacks rarely 4 bet preflop without aces, and if you are holding KK, there is a huge likelihood that they are not holding the last two KK or even QQ.

just my thoughts.. sick of getting stacked with KK pre flop and never getting all the money in with AA.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: NL 50 and below comments about KK pre flop

A lot of times people say that you shouldn't fold KK preflop at these limits. I think in a lot of ways it should be said the other way around. I would be more apt to fold it at a microgame than at a higher stakes game as the higher stakes games will definitely 4-bet with more than AA. Of course, there are some microstakes players that see an A and then go crazy but I think many more of them don't want to put in all their money without AA and don't really enjoy doing that.

In fact, a friend of mine who doesn't play actually said that he wouldn't go AI with AA preflop. Too much can go wrong, he wants to see the river first. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 12:25 PM

I 3bet on a steal from the bb with AQo after the button cold called a EP Raiser the other day I got 4bet by AQs and he got 5bet by KK on the button. I mucked pre-flop of course. 25NL

Standard.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:35 PM

ya and i'd definitely be able to move up to $1NL now if it wasn't for the 11 times i have been stacked holding KK pre flop and getting it all in.
F-Bombs!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:49 PM

Note to self: start 4-betting light.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:52 PM

you can fold KK preflop. it takes a good read though. i've folded it 5 times. twice i didn't get to see what ppl had, two times ppl had AA, and once somebody had the other KK.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note to self: start 4-betting light.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha touche
Old 09-13-2007, 02:16 PM

There are too many tv-poker-watching retards who shove with AK (even the rare AQ) to ever fold KK pf at small stakes, and enough tricky opponents 4-betting at the mid/higher stakes. Obviously if a guy has a good sample at 1% PFR, I consider it, but otherwise.. blah. I think I might add a search to CMAR's list for filtering out hands with KK.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:02 PM

I've been playing 6 max for quite a few months. Last night I played Star $50 full ring for the first time in a long time. At 6 max, people 3bet light so I hadn't adjusted to full ring... I got it all in with Kings twice last night preflop (both times the other guy had aces.)

More importantly... I only saw about 6 3 bets last night that went to showdown (against me or another player) 5 out of 6 of them were Aces.

I realize this is a very small sample but still... I found it pretty compelling.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:06 PM

FR is about adjustments.

Statements such as "never fold KK" or "when people 4-bet they always have AA" are both wrong.

There are some players whom I'd gladly play for 100BB with AK (or even worse in some cases) and some uber-nits against whom I'd fold KK.