Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Potawatomi 15/30 and 20/40 tomorrow and saturday

There is a sign up sheet for a 20/40 limit game at potawatomi at noon this saturday (september 1st). I am about 80% sure that the game will get off the ground as I and one other player I know are willing to start it heads up if necessary. I'm hoping that by telling 2p2ers about it the game will happen, will last and will maybe even become a regular occurence.

Also, I will be in the room tomorrow (friday aug 31) at noon and I'm going to try to get a 15/30 game going. The reason I've decided to do this is that on tuesday some players who were waiting to play 30/60 started up a 15/30 game and it went very strong and even pulled some players away from their no limit games. It was a very promising development. Lately, the floor staff has seemed slightly more amenable to starting games short handed (not as amenable as they should be) so I think that if it gets off the ground at all, it could play for a while. I will be there at noon on friday and saturday and would be willing to start the games heads up if need be. So, if you've been wanting to play limit holdem above 6/12 in the milwaukee area, I'll see you there.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Friday report

the 15/30 got off the ground at 2 p.m. and played roughly 5 to 7 handed until 8. maybe if this keeps happening the game will run a little more regularly. tomorrow's 20/40 i would bet will run much longer with more seats filled.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Friday report

and you were right!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:35 AM

Did Jimmy Deuce show up?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:03 PM

who's jimmy duece? he a potty regular?

benny
Old 09-11-2007, 09:41 AM

Jimmy is apparently a biochem company owner and millionaire. He's a maniac. Fun guy and he'll double you up without a second thought. Of course, he can also stack you given that you can't possibly put him on a hand.

I thought he was a regular over at potty since the better-stakes games dried up here at HoChunk, but I could be wrong.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy is apparently a biochem company owner and millionaire. He's a maniac. Fun guy and he'll double you up without a second thought. Of course, he can also stack you given that you can't possibly put him on a hand.

I thought he was a regular over at potty since the better-stakes games dried up here at HoChunk, but I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

he could well be a regular... I haven't been a regular at pottodonkami for awhile, so I couldn't tell you. What does he look like? does he play the NL tables?

Oh, I heard Hochunk has 1/2 NL, is that true? do they run it all the time too? (that's if they have it of course...)

thanks,
benny
Old 09-11-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Potawatomi 15/30 and 20/40 tomorrow and saturday

[ QUOTE ]
There is a sign up sheet for a 20/40 limit game at potawatomi at noon this saturday (september 1st). I am about 80% sure that the game will get off the ground as I and one other player I know are willing to start it heads up if necessary. I'm hoping that by telling 2p2ers about it the game will happen, will last and will maybe even become a regular occurence.

Also, I will be in the room tomorrow (friday aug 31) at noon and I'm going to try to get a 15/30 game going. The reason I've decided to do this is that on tuesday some players who were waiting to play 30/60 started up a 15/30 game and it went very strong and even pulled some players away from their no limit games. It was a very promising development. Lately, the floor staff has seemed slightly more amenable to starting games short handed (not as amenable as they should be) so I think that if it gets off the ground at all, it could play for a while. I will be there at noon on friday and saturday and would be willing to start the games heads up if need be. So, if you've been wanting to play limit holdem above 6/12 in the milwaukee area, I'll see you there.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill be there on sunday the 16th. let's get a 30 going.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, I heard Hochunk has 1/2 NL, is that true? do they run it all the time too? (that's if they have it of course...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. It's typically a very soft game. I made $400 tonight and I'm not very good. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

They almost always have 1/2 NL as the regular game at HoChunk, with other games depending on the day and interest. On weekends they get a good variety of 1/2 NL, various limit games up to 10/20 and some limit O8.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yep. It's typically a very soft game. I made $400 tonight and I'm not very good. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

They almost always have 1/2 NL as the regular game at HoChunk, with other games depending on the day and interest. On weekends they get a good variety of 1/2 NL, various limit games up to 10/20 and some limit O8.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool thanks for the info!

benny