Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Fold, or call?

MP is 32.26/4.84/1.32 after 124 hands
BB no reads

Button ($5.07)
SB ($15.10)
BB BB ($2.00)
UTG ($7.24)
UTG+1 HERO ($24.92)
MP [color=#C00000]MP ($27.01)</font>
CO-1 ($9.83)
CO ($12.23)

Preflop: HERO is UTG+1 with J K
1 fold, HERO calls 0.25, MP raises to 0.50, 4 folds, BB calls 0.25, HERO calls 0.25.

Flop (1.60) 5 3 K
BB checks, HERO bets 0.25, MP raises to 0.50, BB calls 0.50, HERO calls 0.25.

Turn (3.10) 4
BB checks, HERO checks, MP bets 0.50, BB calls 0.50, HERO??

I put MP to be on the AK+. AK hand or big pair is pretty likely, as he dun really worry about my flop bet and also continued to bet on the turn. BB seems to be calling along and I have no reads on him. He could be chasing a flush draw, or have KJ+.

What should I do here? I believe I'm behind, esp to MP, but is the pot big enuff to warrant a call to the showdown?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Fold, or call?

personally i think ushould fold this hand pf if not raise it urself (not reccommended). this is just to weak to be limping from EP with

as for the origional raiser i think were Wa/WB here most of the time. odds are were WB without any particular reads. i think its safe to say we can get away from this hand now
Old 09-13-2007, 12:44 PM

I think MP has you beat. you are drawing to at most 5 outs but there is a flush draw out there with BB calling along and the possibility of KK/AK so as played I fold the turn.

oh yeah, limping KJo preflop is awful!! and why did you donk the flop??

-Fluffy_Shark
Old 09-13-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think MP has you beat. you are drawing to at most 5 outs but there is a flush draw out there with BB calling along and the possibility of KK/AK so as played I fold the turn.

oh yeah, limping KJo preflop is awful!! and why did you donk the flop??
-Fluffy_Shark

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this might be the best move in the hand (if we had reads). the reads would have to tell us that the PFR will raise the majority of the flops that rolld off if we bet into him. by doing this we can force players later to act to pay the price of one BB (SB+SB) to see a turn esentially cutting their pot odds in half.

however i do not think that OP took this into consideration when he played the hand. i think i might play it this way every time
Old 09-13-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you donk the flop??

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont mind the flop donk as MP could have an underpair such as QQ-TT and you could have the best hand.

Check/fold turn looks right to me.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:54 PM

I agree with you if the PFR raises every flop but I think this isn't true for most PFRs. This move will often get you isolated against a better hand while the PFR will often just call or make a good fold when you are ahead.

-Fluffy_Shark
Old 09-13-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you if the PFR raises every flop but I think this isn't true for most PFRs. This move will often get you isolated against a better hand while the PFR will often just call or make a good fold when you are ahead.

-Fluffy_Shark

[/ QUOTE ]

An alternative to donking the flop is to check raise, if you think that the pf raiser will c-bet any flop. Although this is more expensive if you are behind.

Either way, I would prefer for the flop not to be checked through if I had the best hand.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:26 PM

I don't like donking the flop. It's 3-handed so a c-bet is likely. And even if he doesn't 3-bet, there's only one overcard that can come to defeat you, and the pot isn't too large.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:11 PM

I hit top split pair, and hence, knowing that pfr will c-bet or raise, I bet out, so that he will raise and make it expensive for BB to call. BB did call, so it looks as if he has something... likely same pair but better kicker. Or possibly a flush draw.

But looks like my plan had failed, so I called, hoping to hit a 2 pair on the turn by only putting in a small bet.

I thought a check raise would not be able to chase anyone out? My primary aim is to protect my hand. If I had checked, MP would bet, BP called and I raise to make the pot bigger?