Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 12:47 AM

Default My Date last night - Trip Report

Alright, so I had my date yesterday with the girl I asked advice about.

I met her at 8:00 at Garduno's at the Palms, where we had Mexican food. Very classy place, and I was really impressed by the food. Easily the best Mexican I've ever had, and that says a lot. In addition the prices were good, with the total being only $40 including a few drinks. The conversation was decent, but not great.

After that, we went to the Palm's bar and had drinks. I had mostly gin and tonics, and I tried a dirty martini with vodka. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy the taste; the bartender said it's an acquired taste. Regardless, I was feeling good after the drinks, but was not drunk in any way, just loosened up.

She asked me if I wanted to rent a movie (made my job easy) and we went to my place. I had 40 Year Old Virgin there, and she had somehow never seen it. During the course of the movie, we started making out, and ended the night with a BJ.

She gave me the option of her spending the night, but at that point I didn't want to deal with her for the rest of the night, as I did not particularly enjoy her company. So I dropped her off at her car at the Palms (she was sober by this time) and came home.

She texted me today saying she had a good time. I texted her back the same. The problem is, I didn't really. I quickly found out that there are many things we don't have in common. She dislikes sports, doesn't watch TV (not a big thing because I read a lot, but adds to the problem), listens to country, etc.

In addition, she seemed self-conscious, despite the fact that she was about a 6. I'm pretty confident so it was somewhat of a turn-off.

Regardless, I've decided that I wouldn't really enjoy a relationship with her. I guess I'm just going to tell her that we don't have much in common and that I would enjoy her friendship, but not more than that.

Did I mess up by allowing the oral sex to happen? And is my approach about our lack of a future tactful? Thoughts are appreciated.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:51 AM

Default Re: My Date last night - Trip Report

In addition, she seemed self-conscious, despite the fact that she was about a 6.

Ha.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she seemed self-conscious, despite the fact that she was about a 6

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement confused me

that said, hang out with her again, if it's no good and you don't like her, then make your choice.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:55 AM

never turn down oral sex. never.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, she seemed self-conscious, despite the fact that she was about a 6.

Ha.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a 6 is bad at all. The higher numbers are reserved for really hot women, which she was not. She was good looking, but not gorgeous.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:58 AM

I'm not laughing at you for going out with a six. I'm laughing at you for describing someone as a six and then wondering why she's self-conscious.

I'm guessing if she was out with a guy who rated her better (just in his own head), she'd have been a lot more relaxed.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:58 AM

its confusing because there is no such thing as a 6, the scale only goes to 4.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not laughing at you for going out with a six. I'm laughing at you for describing someone as a six and then wondering why she's self-conscious.

I'm guessing if she was out with a guy who rated her better (just in his own head), she'd have been a lot more relaxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just meant the fact that she was self conscious was a negative aspect. I've met plenty of girls who are 6s but are proud of themselves and are confident. Confidence is definitely attractive to me.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:07 AM

You might want to give her more of a chance. You say you don't have much in common with her, but then you clearly don't know a lot about her if your only examples of differences are that she doesn't watch TV and listens to country music. There's more to life than music and television (though my apartment would lead you to believe that there isn't for me). Somebody who likes a different kind of pop culture from you can be a good thing. It's pretty clear that she's into you.

Also, from my experience, it's pretty rare that you will find a woman who truly knows as much about sports as your average male. I'm not sure that I would even want that myself.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I met her at 8:00 at Garduno's at the Palms, where we had Mexican food. Very classy place, and I was really impressed by the food. Easily the best Mexican I've ever had, and that says a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if the chile is as hot in Vegas as it is here. Quick background on Garduno's. They started with one location here in Albuquerque on Fourth Street about twenty years ago or so. Big Dave Garduno cooked, and his wife Loretta waited tables. He opened up a few other restaurants around town, and he coached my little league baseball team one year. Now he's got restaurants in New Mexico, Arizona, and Vegas baby Vegas! I'm thrilled to death for him and his success. Best margaritas in ABQ. The food is considered above average in ABQ, but most people I talk to prefer Los Cuates or Sadie's (or El Modelo or El Patio...but I digress.) If you're ever in town, let me know.

Did you mess up? No. Life's short, IMO. If you don't think it's gonna happen, don't waste time trying to force it. What's a [censored] between F buddies? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: BJ is censored? WTF?!

ScottieK