Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 02:52 PM

Default KQs - Tell me what you think the SB has here

So this is a quick quiz. I know what I think the SB villian had here, but I wanted to see if others have different thoughts.

SB villian is medium tight, fairly aggressive. I've seen him c/r a draw at least once where he went to showdown, and he may have done it more than that. He'd be good, except he has the worst tells I've ever seen (he blows a big sigh and shakes his head sadly whenever he's hit what he thinks is the best hand).

EP is tight, fairly good, but utterly predictable. She's also built back from all in and is being careful with her stack.

EP limps, Hero raises K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 1 terrible player calls in LP, SB villian calls, BB folds, EP calls

Flop: 8.5 sbets
K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, EP checks, Hero bets, LP1 calls, SB raises, EP calls, Hero 3-bets, LP1 folds, SB now says "I know, I know, you have the King" and calls, EP calls.

Turn: 9bets
7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Sb checks, EP checks, Hero bets, SB tanks for 20-30 seconds and folds, EP calls, says "I have to see the river".

So it was obvious to me that EP has a Queen, but I wasn't absolutely sure what SB had at the time. I've now good what I think is a good idea of what hand plays this like this, but wanted to see what you all thought so I could figure out if my read was correct.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: KQs - Tell me what you think the SB has here

AJo
Old 09-10-2007, 02:58 PM

Made hand weaker than Kx where x >= Ten. K9s and J9s come to mind. If he folded a Queen here, I'm impressed.

edit: AJ works here too.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:49 PM

J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

(that and a fear of you)
Old 09-10-2007, 04:53 PM

Old 09-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Why would SB fold with a 9 plus a pair? The turn has brought a double gutshot; sure the Q wouldn't be great for him but the 8 will be good, plus add to that 2 more outs for hitting his trips; getting 10:1, this doesn't make sense...

Even AJ, how? He's thinking the Queen maybe chops (so what, count as 2 outs or is he further discounting a likely Q for EP?) but his 2 Jack outs are probably good, so that's 4 outs getting 10:1...

I honestly couldn't come up with one hand that checkraises this flop and folds this turn. Am I missing something? The strongest K I have folding that turn is K8 (because the 9 gutshot probably gives a better straight for any Queens), but checkraising the flop with that seems pretty aggressive...

GcluelessnoobG
Old 09-10-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would SB fold with a 9 plus a pair? The turn has brought a double gutshot; sure the Q wouldn't be great for him but the 8 will be good, plus add to that 2 more outs for hitting his trips; getting 10:1, this doesn't make sense...

Even AJ, how? He's thinking the Queen maybe chops (so what, count as 2 outs or is he further discounting a likely Q for EP?) but his 2 Jack outs are probably good, so that's 4 outs getting 10:1...

I honestly couldn't come up with one hand that checkraises this flop and folds this turn. Am I missing something? The strongest K I have folding that turn is K8 (because the 9 gutshot probably gives a better straight for any Queens), but checkraising the flop with that seems pretty aggressive...

GcluelessnoobG

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I put some brainpower into thinking about this. I finally decided that his most likely hand was AJ, since he was aggressive with his raises and also seemed to like to use them for information. With middle pair, a gutshot (probably to a chop), and an overcard (probably tainted though) I think he may have done this.

The aggression/fold line was odd though, which is why I posted to see if people agreed.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AJo

[/ QUOTE ]

He's never folding a pair+ ISD I don't think.

Medium tight at these levels probably means something closer to pretty loose in 2p2 land.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had J8s
Old 09-10-2007, 08:00 PM

A hand we would never play - such as K3s. He knows he is out kicked.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:38 PM

AT