Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 06:44 AM

Default 2/5 PLO Mississippi straddle: Is it possible to ever fold this hand?

2/5 PLO w/ button straddle. Game is at the Beau Rivage has been whittled down to a few good TAGs, and was only held together by a really bluffy LAG target in late pos. We're pretty much taking turns trying to bust him. He's about 2-3k deep, and I'm about 1.5k deep.

Folded to me in MP3, I raise pot w/ Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Target calls. Blinds fold.

Flop
T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check raise pot to about 250, to blast out middle wraps. He calls.

Turn
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I feel like it's enough of a brick to protect my hand, so I bet pot. He raises pot, enough to put me all in, however it's only 500-ish miniraise more to me.

It seems like a call and pray since it's a little more than a miniraise. I expected to be shown AAxx a lot of the times in this spot. I mean, he should know I have a set here, by my flop play. And him calling should mean 789x. Is it possible he could have 789x and think that I have T6 and he's hoping he could represent 66 or 55 and fold me out?

I was pretty sure this was an instacall, but I wasn't sure, i'd like to make sure. Seems like a stupid question.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:17 AM

Default Re: 2/5 PLO Mississippi straddle: Is it possible to ever fold this hand?

This have to be an instacall against this villain getting 4-1.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:21 AM

Default Re: 2/5 PLO Mississippi straddle: Is it possible to ever fold this han

Never ever never ever never ever never fold this... Wouldn't a bluffy LAG repop u in position w/ AA? Also if he has to know u have a set on flop what is he doing calling a pot sized bet w/ AAxx? Unless he has exactly AA87... Most often this is a big draw that picked up hearts...
Old 09-09-2007, 09:39 AM

bet sizes are off but I think you played it well, you have a fist pump call now and only regret that you don't have more behind.

The whole I know that he knows, etc at the end of your post is laughable: 1) you are playing live 2-5 2) [ QUOTE ]
a really bluffy LAG target in late pos. We're pretty much taking turns trying to bust him

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-09-2007, 01:47 PM

Every time you get your money in behind, it doesn't automatically mean you played bad. Especially in PLO, a lot of times you have to just get it in when you have decent equity against someone's range. This is a ridiculously clear case of that as the way, you described villain, you're about 75% against his range when you only need to be 20% to call.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never ever never ever never ever never fold this... Wouldn't a bluffy LAG repop u in position w/ AA? Also if he has to know u have a set on flop what is he doing calling a pot sized bet w/ AAxx? Unless he has exactly AA87... Most often this is a big draw that picked up two pair...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-09-2007, 10:32 PM

Yeah, just making sure. I would never fold, but I had a bad feeling when i put the money in. A T came on the river. He mucked and told me he had AA74 w/ hearts.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:45 PM

he lied. If he got 1 outed, he would have showed. Given the laggy image and the small subset of hands AA is in his range, call BS.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he lied. If he got 1 outed, he would have showed. Given the laggy image and the small subset of hands AA is in his range, call BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-10-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, just making sure. I would never fold, but I had a bad feeling when i put the money in. A T came on the river. He mucked and told me he had AA74 w/ hearts.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the bad LAG you've been trying to bust had top set and a backdoor straight flush draw

...okay