Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Stuck between a rock and a short stack

Well, maybe not a rock, but the deep stacked villain was tight over a very small sample (something like 13/8 over 25 hands). The other villain was something like 25/10 over a similarly small sample.

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

UTG: $228.00
CO: $197.00
Button: $207.25
SB: $76.15
BB (Hero): $246.60

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises to $7</font>, Button folds, SB calls $6, Hero calls $5.

<font color="blue"> [i]I didn't want to play a huge pot and I didn't want to fold. Does anyone do something different here?[i]</font>

Flop: ($21.00) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets $15</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises to $69.15 (all in)</font>, Hero...

<font color="blue"> I decided to check the flop to use my relative position and pick up as much information as I can. Looks like I got some, but now what?

If the preflop raiser isn't in the hand I'd be inclined to call since I think this could be a draw (or worse hand) very often on this board. But with the deepstacked pfr around, I'm not really liking the way it might play out.
</font>
Old 09-07-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Stuck between a rock and a short stack

Fold and fold preflop. Your hand is very weak here and you don't close the action, this is like the definition of reverse implied odds.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-07-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold and fold preflop. Your hand is very weak here and you don't close the action, this is like the definition of reverse implied odds.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Closing the action is a good thing.

EN
Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised you'd say to fold preflop -- I have a pretty decent hand getting 3:1 against what could be a steal raise. If the SB had folded, would it tilt towards a call? Or do you just recommend playing very tightly OOP even against late position raises?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised you'd say to fold preflop -- I have a pretty decent hand getting 3:1 against what could be a steal raise. If the SB had folded, would it tilt towards a call? Or do you just recommend playing very tightly OOP even against late position raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

3:1 is fine and all but KQo is so bad and you just get into awkward spots postflop (esp against a 13/8).

If you think he's stealing, a squeeze to $25 is better imo.

I mean.. you're folding here.. what flop did you really want? and how would you play it OOP.