Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Hate the way I played this hand. Comments plz

InterPoker £0.03/£0.06

6 max maximum buy in £6 First Hand, just sat down

Ive watched Villain for about a round or 2. He's pretty aggressive and has showed a lot of bluffs in 2 rounds about 6 of them maybe 7. He overbet one hand on the flop and it turned out he was bluffing but it ended on the flop. Said in the chat "I run this Table"

UTG - £5.70
UTG+1 - £3.25
CO - £7.90
Button - £2.10
SB (Villain) - £22.60
Hero BB - £6

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, CO calls £0.06, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks

Flop (£0.18 3 players):
8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets £0.30, Hero Calls, CO folds

Thought Process: Same kind of bet he made when he was bluffing, I'll call see what happens, (dammit I wished I had raised just in case CO comes along)

Turn (£0.75 2 players):
2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets £0.75, Hero calls

Thought Process: He's bet the pot could have 2 pair and doesn't want me to draw. But he's been bluffing a lot. Turn was harmless IMO I'll call and if he checks river VB a non scare card, If a scare card comes and he checks I'll check behind him. If he bets out again we'll see what happens.
River (£2.25 2 players):
9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets £5, Hero calls.

Thought Process: F**K I wish id raised the Flop. If it was any other player I would have played it differently. But considering that it is him and the hand hasnt made any sense to me so far. I'll close my eyes and click and hope

Ive been trying to work on my thought process while playing and this was what i came up with lol i know qutie pitiful but we all have to start somewhere. Anyway plz tell me how badly i played this hand. May post results later on.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Hate the way I played this hand. Comments plz

Its marginal but against a weak LAG you should be able to find better opportunities to get your money in, if you don't think your opponent has a hand then I think reraising the flop is optimal; you've already seen him run over the table, you know he's betting the turn and river.

When callling the flop you need to take this into account...how many cards potentially improve your hand? How many won't? Can you really call 2 pot bets on turn and river if you don't improve your hand? Thats the question you need to ask yourself when facing this kind of pot bet from a weak LAG.

Edit, its called effective odds.

Edit again, don't worry if you do fold a 2nd best hand to this guy, he clearly fancies himself as the table bully, let him steal these pots off you, let him think he can run over you, and than BANG, stack him when you flop the nuts.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:16 PM

This hand just isn't worth it imo. SB overbet the pot into two opponents, which usually indicates that they have a made hand and are worried about a draw coming in. I realize that you had a read on him, but even considering that you have no idea what the CO is going to do behind you. The pot is small on the flop, you have a weak made hand and are sandwiched in between two other players. Very easy fold on the flop for me.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 AM

Any reads on CO? If a passive limper- I'd probably bet 3.5-4BB and either take down pot there or cbet nice flop. Chances are you ahead of BB PF.

As you played it:
Flop- I'd probably cr here. I don't know if I lead OOP with a weak ace but I'm not trusting the villian if he's an aggressive bluffer like you think. By calling- you learn nothing and will likely face another tough decision on turn.

Why the over bet? It could be 1) bluff as was earlier 2) protecting top or mid pair on draw heavy board or 3) or really excited about his draws. I think with this player, all 3 are likely and a rr will give you more info.

Turn- not a scare card and villians bet is smaller in relation to pot size. Missed draw or trying to build pot? Cold calling gets no information.

River- SCARE card. He bets out 2x the pot. If he wants value for the straight, this probably isn't the best way to get it. If he's trying to represent something he doesn't have- probably a good bet to do that. I see a lot of aggressive dudes make completely crazy overbets on missed flush draws. You've cold called twice which is pretty weak so an aggressive player will push you around. you have learned nothing through 3 rounds of betting so not sure what you make you call on. Half the time your ace is good, the other it isn't. I'd put him on the 10 and call.

Raise his flop bet so later decisions are easier.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand just isn't worth it imo. SB overbet the pot into two opponents, which usually indicates that they have a made hand and are worried about a draw coming in. <font color="black"> </font> But do you think he has the Ace since didn't bet PF? 2 pair would suck The pot is small on the flop, you have a weak made hand and are sandwiched in between two other players. Very easy fold on the flop for me. Since CO folded, why not rr and see where stand? Makes decisions on later streets easier. Just a thought. I probably fold this most of the time with weak ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way- cold calling is not best option.