Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 07:04 AM

Default PP 10$: How do I proceed?

Hi all,

Yesterday I played this hand. 6 ppl left, and I was in ok shape with 2000 chips. Last hand of level 3, so from next hand blinds would be 100/200, and I would have 10 BB left.

Reads on Button, is that he seemed to be a descent player, playing only good hands, and generally staying out of trouble.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t50/t100
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t300</font>, CO folds, Button calls t300 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t450)</font>, 2 folds.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t750, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets t300</font>, Button calls t300 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1050)</font>.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t1350, 2 players)

Preflop comments:
So I pick up KK (weeeh), raise and have a caller.

Flop comments:
Flop seems fairly undangerous, so I decide to make what should look like a continuation bet, to keep Button in the hand.

Turn comments:
Problems... I need to find out if Button just paired an ace. But if I make a bet ½ pot sized, I will have only 800 chips left. If I check, i suspect him to represent an ace, whether he has one or not.

How do I proceed?? Did I make an error on the flop, committing too many or too few chips??
Old 09-06-2007, 07:15 AM

Default Re: PP 10$: How do I proceed?

Bet the flop harder so that you can get it all in by the turn. As played I think you have to c/f as Ace high will call your weak flop bet a lot here.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Re: PP 10$: How do I proceed?

I bet more on the flop and check the turn.