Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 07:47 AM

Default QTs paired board

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Table was loose, so i went for it.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

BB and UTG don't seem to be interest, so i bet. Might have the best hand and really don't want to give any free cards if that's the case.

Question number 1:
Would you bet if you were first to act ?

Turn: (5.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero

Question number 2:
The mother of all cards hits - still keep betting to 3 players ?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: QTs paired board

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Riku, you forgot to mention how aggressive or passive the table is which is kinda important to knowing if it will be raised behind.

I bet the turn and play poker. Sure some people play any Ace but I still bet. Expect people to spring their 'wait to the turn' trap here often. Be prepared to fold to a raise.

See the thing is if you check and someone bets you really dont know what they are betting and you could be folding the best hand. Youll rarely be folding the best hand when raised after you bet. I beat this limit consistently and I beat it by pummelling away at them with all sorts of hands and that keeps em guessing...make them guess if you 'have it this time' rather than the other way round. Anyway, back to the specific hand, sure the have a slowplayed 8x or Ax but could easily be a 10 you have outkicked or a straight or flush draw. If you get raised here your hand should be much easier to play (ie fold) and giving a freecard here to draws really sucks as well. Bet and see what happens.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:46 PM

ozi's got the turn nailed down.

i like the flop lead because you don't know who will bet, especially on such a dry board. your hand is often best. fire away.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...See the thing is if you check and someone bets you really dont know what they are betting and you could be folding the best hand. Youll rarely be folding the best hand when raised after you bet. I beat this limit consistently and I beat it by pummelling away at them with all sorts of hands and that keeps em guessing...make them guess if you 'have it this time' rather than the other way round...

[/ QUOTE ]

I once saw Joe Hachem asked by an interviewer to give the most important tip that he could think of to new poker players.

After recovering from the enormity of the question and a moment's thought, he said something very similar to what you said Aussie.

Ok, he was talking about NL, but I dont think that it matters, and this was just a very general piece of advice.

He said something along the lines of trying to give your opponents difficult decisions to make by betting when you have a reasonable hand, as opposed to checking and letting them give you difficult decisions to make instead when they bet.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Riku, you forgot to mention how aggressive or passive the table is which is kinda important to knowing if it will be raised behind.

I bet the turn and play poker. Sure some people play any Ace but I still bet. Expect people to spring their 'wait to the turn' trap here often. Be prepared to fold to a raise.

See the thing is if you check and someone bets you really dont know what they are betting and you could be folding the best hand. Youll rarely be folding the best hand when raised after you bet. I beat this limit consistently and I beat it by pummelling away at them with all sorts of hands and that keeps em guessing...make them guess if you 'have it this time' rather than the other way round. Anyway, back to the specific hand, sure the have a slowplayed 8x or Ax but could easily be a 10 you have outkicked or a straight or flush draw. If you get raised here your hand should be much easier to play (ie fold) and giving a freecard here to draws really sucks as well. Bet and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

This words it really well. I think the key is that our opponents are loose. If we got called in that many places at a tight table, then I would probably just check/fold the turn. To be honest, tight players are probably not going to be just calling this sort of flop.

Also, in light of fantam's post, I put in a nomination that Aussie's title be changed to "microHachem" or perhaps "uHachem."

Buzz
Old 09-04-2007, 02:33 PM

microHachem is awesome. I second the motion [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
MrWookie, get to it, please!

The turn question is covered very well, and I would certainly lead the flop if I were first to act. Paired board, low cards, top pair - excellent opportunity to bet out and scoop the pot.

As a matter of fact, bluffing at a ragged paired board out of the blinds is sexy, and I do it often cause I am a sexy beatch.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:20 PM

[image][/image]
Old 09-04-2007, 05:06 PM

who are you, wtf are you talking about, and how did you manage to include broken image tags even after editing?
Old 09-04-2007, 05:29 PM

GRUNCH:

pf -- limp is standard with QTs
flop -- I like the bet here. You're halfway through the field and your hand is looking increasingly good. If I were in an earlier position, I would consider a check-and-see.
turn -- I'm thinking a check-and-see here, planning to call for one or fold for two. One reason I don't like betting is that we will probably have outs to call a raise here. I think it's pretty common for low-limit donkeys to call UI aces on the flop and so therefore likely that this turn helped someone. There is also a slim possibility that someone is slowplaying an 8.
river -- If I make it to the river for one bet, UI I'm probably checking and calling but not overcalling. If the turn gets checked through, I might bet/fold a blank.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, in light of fantam's post, I put in a nomination that Aussie's title be changed to "microHachem" or perhaps "uHachem."

[/ QUOTE ]

Who would be microMoneymaker?