Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 07:26 AM

Default PLO200 - Middle Set on Flop

Not much info on villain.
I normally raise this preflop, not sure why I didn't. I think I might have been playing my last orbit and nitting it up.

I think I played this badly. Looking back, I think it would have been optimal to pump flop (although I was a little bit apprehensive about KK) or call turn with the intention of calling any river. Do you agree, or is my play okay?

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $160.50
UTG+1: $200
MP1: $346.60
Hero: $434.70
CO: $232.80
Button: $503.35
SB: $64.75
BB: $353.50

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($10, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $33.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($77, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $74</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $296</font>.
Uncalled bets: $222 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $225
Old 09-04-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Re: PLO200 - Middle Set on Flop

Looks fine, the way he bet it I'd say he has either a combo draw or maybe even low full. Get it in.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:15 AM

its too risky for me
i prefer c\c to the river
Old 09-04-2007, 08:27 AM

I hate the turn raise. No hands worse than ours will call. We can't even beat K4 now.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the turn raise. No hands worse than ours will call. We can't even beat K4 now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Only hands they call with, we are losing. Any hands we beat, they are folding. c/c is best option here IMO. Sometimes ill lead the river.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Only hands they call with, we are losing. Any hands we beat, they are folding. c/c is best option here IMO. Sometimes ill lead the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in position here, remember. That's what I didn't like about the turn raise, although in all likelihood, the only hand that we're losing to on turn is KK or perhaps K9, K4 seems unlikely to me.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:03 AM

Raising the turn's definitely terrible. You're giving UTG+1 a chance to get away from 44 and also stopping him from bluffing with a combo draw. You should either be calling or folding there. As for which to do, it's a tough spot. The PSB doesn't look like a very standard line for quads, and completely readless, you probably have to give a bluff with a draw about as good of a chance as K9, especially having the two nines.

A little deeper, you could take a call/turn reevaluate river line, but at this point, I think you need to commit yourself to the hand if you're calling. So all things considered, against a complete unknown, calling down to the river is probably your best option, although against a tight or passive opponent, folding the turn or even the flop would be better.