Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 03:50 AM

Default Hi I\'m a naive little boy (long)

Copy/paste of creepy [censored] that happened to me a week ago while backpacking in Costa Rica. Cliff notes at bottom:

I had just arrived in San Jose, Costa Rica ("CR") the day before. Already I was feeling pessimistic about my travels in CR because - as many people in the hostel and elsewhere had confirmed - CR lacks a certain "authenticity." Tourism is CR's no. 1 industry, and I already found myself being treated like tourist meat while surrounded by American fastfood staples. This is not the kind of thing I went backpacking for.

While waiting in line to check my bag underneath a bus heading to the mountain reserve Monteverde, a Tico (nickname for CRs down there) says something to me in Spanish. "What?" He replies, "You need to watch your bag." We talk in my terrible Spanish and his broken English. We get along well, and I'm very happy to interact with the local population in such a tourist-heavy country. Turns out that "David" is some kind of commercial biologist who works during the week up at a cheese factory in Monteverde. On the weekends he goes back to San Jose to stay with his girlfriend and family.

We talk some more on the bus, and at the first bus stop he tells me, "Nick, those hostels you show me in your... book? They will be more expensive than the book says. I have one extra room in my apartment. If you want, you are welcome to save money and stay there." I thought for a bit, since staying with him would mean less interaction with other travellers. But I was only on my own in CR for a few days before I met up with my sister, so meeting other travelers didn't really mean that much to me. Besides, I was short on cash. "You sure I wouldn't be imposing?" "Of course not," he replied.

Excited for my authentic CR experience, I exit the bus with David in Monteverde and drop off my things at his place while he goes to work. During the day I book myself a zip-line canopy tour and buy myself a much needed rainproof jacket. I find myself in need of my backpack, which is stowed at David's apartment. I begin thinking to myself that staying in a hostel might be a better idea after all. I inquire at a Clayton-Canning recommended hostel and find that the price to stay in a dormitory is $5. Hmmm.... not expensive at all - but I guess David wouldn't really know the going rate at the local hostels.

I head back to David's at around 7pm planning on telling him that I am going to stay in a hostel, but that we should meet up for some beers or something later this week. As I get in David had heated up some food his mom had given him, and he tells me how nice it is to finally have some company. Awwww. I feel bad, so I figure that I might as well just keep my mouth shut, stay the night and leave tomorrow.

We have a beer or two, and David loosens up enough to tell me about a problem he is having with his girlfriend (while I was skeptical of her being a doctor/model as he had claimed, I figure that we all brag about our ladies am I right?). Apparently, she has a fantasy to have a threesome with 2 dudes. David says he is unsure how to approach this. I'm also unsure, but I tell him that getting involved in a threesome with your girlfriend - as a rule - is a very very bad idea. This case especially, since it would likely infuriate the boyfriend with jealousy. David informs me that the threesome is supposed be a true 3-way, with the guys "interacting" as well. Hmmm. I tell David that such a thing may take some real self-reflection to get into. It may be the best idea to break up and go your own ways, at least for a while. David nods his head, and we (thankfully) change the subject.

David tells me that he really wants to quit his job, and he is in the process of setting up a physical therapy clinic (his true passion) in San Jose. Apparently, he flew all the way to Japan to train as some special kind of masseuse. Bleh, I tell David how I hate massages. "Oh no, you have not had a professional one like I have been trained. I'll give you a massage later sometime." No no, I really HATE massages, dude. Like it makes me feel really uncomfortable. "Trust me, this is a very good method. I took a special course. Trust me." I bite my tongue, realizing that no matter what response I give here, the dude is gonna wanna give me a massage. This was a little weird, but maybe like these Ticos don't consider it such a big deal. I dunno. Anyway, I tell him that I'm tired, and want to go to bed.

He shows me my room. There is a thin fleece blanket on a mattress on the floor. "Nick, there is just one problem we have. Monteverde is very very cold at night, and I only have this blanket for you." Oh no dude, I think I know where you are going with this. "So if you want, you can sleep in my bed and we can share covers." [censored]. FUUUUUUCKKKK. "Umm, no man, its OK. What about this sweaterish thing you have here?" I pick up a warm looking sweaterish thing. "Oh no Nick, Monteverde is still too cold at night." Take note that at this point its 9:30pm, and probably 70 degrees. "Ummm, well I think I will be fine, I have plenty of clothes in my bag."

[censored] dude, what the [censored]? How did I not see this coming? I grab my towel and head downstairs to take a shower. My mind is racing trying to figure out what the hell to do. I am fiddling with this 3rd-world shower, unable to get the hot water on. KNOCK KNOCK. "Nick, you need help with the shower?" [censored] dude. I'm naked right now. "Umm, no I can figure it out." I actually can't figure it out. I let him in after covering myself in my towel. David walks in, briefly looks at me, and gets the hot water working via the faucet head. I tell him thanks, and he smiles at me and as he walks out gives me a "friendly" tap with the palm of his hand in the middle of my bare chest. Ewwww.... I rinse myself off, my heart still pounding cause I am seriously creeped the [censored] out. I dry off and go upstairs, hoping that maybe this has all subsided and I can get some sleep.

KNOCK KNOCK. [censored] DUDE. "Hey Nick? How you doing! How was your shower?" David was being unusually peppy. Maybe it was the fact that he barged in while I was only wearing boxers. I quickly throw on a shirt. "Hey dude, I'm exhausted, I think I'm going to sleep now man." He sits down on my mattress, and beckons me to sit near him. "I understand, I'll go to bed too in a minute." My heart is beating again, 'cause now I just don't know what the hell this guy is up to. Isn't it obvious that I am not gay by now? I sit down on the mattress as far as I can from him.

"Nick, I really thank you for helping me with my girlfriend problems." (3some issue with dudes, see above). He then gives me a friendly punch on the shoulder with a giant smile. "You and I are good friends right? You are my good friend no?" I kind of just look at him."Look David, I'm sorry I'm not a better guest, but I am really tired. I want to go to sleep."

"OK Nick, I understand. But can I ask you for one favor before we go to bed." Oh no. "You see, my girlfriend, I know I might have to break up with her. But I really want to try and... please her. Please her? Yes. So I am just not sure if I will be able to have a 3some with another guy." Dude please don't . Please don't go where you are about to go. "I just want to ask you if I could practice on you?"

[censored]. "No David, I'm not gay. I don't have any interest in guys. There is no way that this is going to happen." He defends himself, "I won't do anything to you!" Huh? What does that even mean?

[censored] hell. I can't even look at him, and my adrenaline is pumping. "No David. No [censored] way." He says OK, and says goodnight and casually walks out of the room. I hustle behind him to lock the door, but the latch is broken. [censored]. Last thing I need is for this [censored] to come in at night or something crazy. I look for ways to barricade the door. I figure its best to get fully dressed. Then I find myself packing my backpack. Yeah, I have to get out of here. No way I can sleep here tonight. I wait a few minutes - all the while thinking [censored] [censored] [censored] to myself - and creak open the door each time I hear thunder (so he won't hear). I accidently make a loud creak without any thunder in the backdrop. [censored]. [censored] IT. I burst through the door, run downstairs with my bulky backpack, grab my sunglasses and Spanish-English dictionary on the table, and bolt out the door. I see David's neighbor outside his house talking on the phone. I want to run, but if I do this guy might just think I robbed the house. I swiftly walk by him, praying that this David dude doesn't come running after me or something trying to apologize. I hit the main road and just run. DAMN I LEFT MY JACKET. [censored] IT. I continue running for 2 miles to the nearest hostel, laughing to myself half way there like WHAT THE [censored] JUST HAPPENED. I'm laughing but I don't slow down. I get to the hostel just before they were about to shut and rent a room.

I was unable to sleep for hours that night. My hands were shaking after the whole ordeal. It may seem like an over reaction, but that whole episode creeped me out so much I couldn't take it. I felt so naive! And even though the guy was smaller than me, I felt very vulnerable being on his territory when this all happened. I've been hit on tons of times by gay guys, and it never bothers me. I usually think its funny. But this really freaked me out. At what point should I have made my exit? [censored].

Cliff Notes: I accept an invitation from a dude on a bus to stay at his house. It steadily becomes more obv that he wants to bang me. I run for my life.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Hi I\'m a naive little boy (long)

Keep his # in case kolo ever goes to Costa Rica.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:55 AM

thats pretty long...
ill read it later
Old 09-03-2007, 03:56 AM

Monteverde is pretty gay. I like that you stuck it out right until the stick in in part. Did you go to the lizard museum or whatever the [censored] it is?
Old 09-03-2007, 04:03 AM

he probably woulda gave you some good dome, just dont look down if it bothers you that much that its a guy.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thats pretty long...
ill read it later

[/ QUOTE ]

except I probably wont read it at all...
Old 09-03-2007, 04:10 AM

lol

also Monteverde is nice, but it's also more or less a tourist trap

you want a small town in CR w/ no tourists?

try Cuajiniquil.... go to Liberia, a bus takes you down to Cuajiniquil........ you won't find a single tourist there, lol, my favorite fishing village in CR fwiw

photo included for completeness, not a single tourist in sight.... a little run down yes, but the ocean's awesome around there.... i saw bull sharks, spinner dolphin, caught tuna and mahi mahi, yeah!
Old 09-03-2007, 10:50 AM

lolol A+ story

Anyway, you are gay for not accepting the bj. IF you were truly comfortable with your sexuality you'd hit it without worry. Also you probably got uberaids.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:56 AM

Dude you are super gay...

Plus no bj, gay and stupid wow
Old 09-03-2007, 11:18 AM

You need to chill and enjoy life.